How much is a can of soda?

Mommypig

I was dismayed to see that the soda package is a whopping $8 per day, for fountain soda. I am not a fan of fountain soda as it is most often flat and tasteless on cruise ships, and the $20 per day non-alcoholic package is a tad out of line just to get canned soda. I can limit myself to two cans of diet coke per day if I have to. It's enough of a sacrifice to drink diet coke instead do diet Pepsi! How much is a can onboard ? Should I try to score some diet pepsi in Buenos Aires before I board my cruise?

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was dismayed to see that the soda package is a whopping $8 per day, for fountain soda. I am not a fan of fountain soda as it is most often flat and tasteless on cruise ships, and the $20 per day non-alcoholic package is a tad out of line just to get canned soda. I can limit myself to two cans of diet coke per day if I have to. It's enough of a sacrifice to drink diet coke instead do diet Pepsi! How much is a can onboard ? Should I try to score some diet pepsi in Buenos Aires before I board my cruise?

Linda

From the Celebrity website:

Enjoy refreshing Coca-Cola® beverages throughout your cruise. Available as fountain drinks or canned drinks. *Starting from: 8.00 USD Per NIGHT

So, canned soda is also included along with fountain drinks.

I believe that cans of soda were at $3 per can plus the 15% service charge when I sailed in November 2013. Three sodas or more per day and the package is already a good value. I have seen people discuss bringing a case of soda or water on the ship simply by using a luggage tag taped to the case. Not sure how pricey or practical this could be when leaving from a foreign port.

I usually invest in a Non-Alcohol package for my spouse (usually the premium one). Since you appear to be primarily interested in soda, the Classic Non-Alcohol package would work for you and you have the benefit of bottled waters, fresh squeezed juices, and premium coffees from Cafe al Bacio.

The Classic Non-Alcohol package is $16 per person per day:

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water.

In reviewing the packages this morning, I do notice that the price has gone up $2 per day on the Premium Non-Alcohol package. I paid the rate of $18 per day earlier in the year when booking for my November cruise.

Edited by vulcan1971