S1 suites Celebrity Solstice

PrincessPete

Good evening

(sorry if this topic has been discussed before but we are just booking our first Celebrity cruise and would welcome some advice, please).

We are very experienced cruisers but have never had a cabin at the stern of a ship before - we are looking at the S1 Sky suites and love the balcony which enables a view of one side as well as the wake.

My only slight concern is the possibility of vibration - not so bothered on arrivals into port but thinking of the many long sea days we have - Australia to Hawaii so about 11 sea days I think.

We will be avoiding these suites on deck 12 as they are under the outside dining area and we have suffered before from noise overhead.

Any tips/comments about the vibration question and anything else about these suites would be much appreciated.

With kind regards.

Peter

We love the S1 corner aft suites. On occasion, in the docking process, there is a bit of vibration, but it's just when docking, and it's not all the time. All the benefits of the extra room in the cabin, the butler, the view from the back, and the long walk (to us it's a benefit) to the nearest stairs/elevators FAR outweigh any possibility of a little bit of vibration. I actually don't even really notice it, as we're up and watching the approach from the balcony. A beautiful time of the morning and certainly a great view down the side and the back. Great sail away place too. We always go up to the top deck for the beginning of sail away to meet the other CC people, but end up back on our very own balcony as we settle in.

We like Deck 11, the Penthouse deck, as we always prefer cabins above and below us and we like to be as high up as we can. We've stayed on Deck 10 and Deck 9 as well, but will always choose 1663 or 1666 on the Penthouse deck 11 if we can. (we've never been on Solstice but I would guess the numbers are the same as Equinox and Eclipse which we've sailed on multiple times each).

We've never had more than a slight dusting of ash, and on some cruises we've never had any. Certainly nothing to worry about. Enjoy! You're going to want the same cabin again.

Good evening

(sorry if this topic has been discussed before but we are just booking our first Celebrity cruise and would welcome some advice, please).

We are very experienced cruisers but have never had a cabin at the stern of a ship before - we are looking at the S1 Sky suites and love the balcony which enables a view of one side as well as the wake.

My only slight concern is the possibility of vibration - not so bothered on arrivals into port but thinking of the many long sea days we have - Australia to Hawaii so about 11 sea days I think.

We will be avoiding these suites on deck 12 as they are under the outside dining area and we have suffered before from noise overhead.

Any tips/comments about the vibration question and anything else about these suites would be much appreciated.

With kind regards.

Peter

Hello Peter,

We had the S1 recently on the Silhouette. It was wonderful! Loved the size of the cabin, the bathroom, storage and enjoyed the aft view, especially when leaving ports. My only negative comment is that we enjoy breakfast on the balcony, however it was too sunny in the morning to sit and have breakfast. So we enjoyed our breakfast in the suite. We did not experience any problem with motion.

Despite the sunny balcony, I would not hesitate to take an S1 again! I would prefer a covered balcony- but the positives outweight the negatives.

Edited by Cruise a holic