Cruise Week 2014

HollandAvery

I got an email talking about Cruise Week 2014 and it's go until December 2015 sailings, I checked prices for my cruise and didn't notice a difference but this email said OBC and upgrades.

Can I still email Carnival and claim a deal?

I don't know how this one works.

I got an email talking about Cruise Week 2014 and it's go until December 2015 sailings, I checked prices for my cruise and didn't notice a difference but this email said OBC and upgrades.

Can I still email Carnival and claim a deal?

I don't know how this one works.

In most cases, the fare associated with the OBC promotion will be higher than other fare types offered for the same cruise. IMO this is more of a marketing tool than an actual bargain, and is really not much to get excited about. Just be sure to check all the fare types available for the ship/sail date you are looking to book to ensure you get the best deal. Good luck.

In most cases, the fare associated with the OBC promotion will be higher than other fare types offered for the same cruise. IMO this is more of a marketing tool than an actual bargain, and is really not much to get excited about. Just be sure to check all the fare types available for the ship/sail date you are looking to book to ensure you get the best deal. Good luck.

Okay good information to know, thank you.

I did check and you're right, the deal is costing about $20 more pp.

Oh well...I do hope I get a good deal before this cruise, as we would REALLY like to upgrade to a balcony.

My Christmas 2014 cruise dropped dramatically. The cabin that was paid in full dropped $450.00 so now have $500.00 OBC ($450.00 for reduction plus $50.00 OBC in promotion).

The one that needed to be paid by November 20th dropped $400.00. In order to get the $400.00 reduction had to pay in full today. Paid in full with a BIG smile on my face and now also have a $50.00 OBC for this cabin also.

When I look at fares in fare viewer for my Elation cruise on November 29th, the cheapest inside fare I see listed is $398 per person solo. The fare under the new promotion that offers $50 OBC shows as $638 per person solo. Big difference for the same inside cabin category. Shop wisely.

Edited by winddawn

When I look at fares in fare viewer for my Elation cruise on November 29th, the cheapest inside fare I see listed is $398 per person. The fare under the new promotion that offers $50 OBC shows as $638 per person. Big difference for the same inside cabin category. Shop wisely.

Okay so this promotion is not really a good promotion is what you're saying? Like another poster mentioned.

I mean, if I can get some OBC, great...but I don't want to spend more on our room.

My cruise was $5 pp cheaper and I got the $50 OBC

Lucky you! Ours is more expensive, so I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

I'm just worried they'll up my fare now since I emailed them when I first saw it. I'm still a newbie to Price Drops and Deals...whoops.

I had emailed them earlier this morning about it...they will contact me before making any changes, correct?

Or am I going to end up with a higher rate now because I emailed and asked for OBC, which would make the difference $40 more pp.

No, if the price is not lower, they will respond that you have already received the lowest price for the booking.

Okay very good to know, thank you!

I still haven't heard from them, although I'm okay with it taking awhile. I had seen that some people got a response in 15 minutes. I'm wondering if it's taking longer because I don't qualify?

Would it be better to just call from now on if I find a good cruise deal that can actually apply to my booking?