Staying on an inside cabin (first time) on The Breakaway.

lhlm75

Hi all,

I am staying in an inside cabin for the first time on the Breakaway. I have stayed on balcony cabins in the past. I will be rooming with my DH and my two teens sons. I have researching how big is the cabin. Can anyone tell me how small it really is and any pointers. Thanks a bunch. OMG 55 days til sailing:D

Wow... you four are going to have a very intimate week :)

Basically, on average, you can expect just over 129 - 150 sq ft total space inside your cabin. (some are even larger... but you didn't mention which room you would be in so I can only speculate) It will definitely be a bit cramped but I guess you wont be spending much time in the cabin together. The times that will be difficult are mornings and perhaps evenings when everyone is trying to get dressed and ready at the same time...

I haven't cruised on that particular ship, but I have cruised on inside cabins with ncl.

One time with my husband and our grandchildren -- who were 11 and 14. We did just fine. We don't dress super fancy for dinners in the dining room, so that did help some, as it didn't take super long to get ready.

With being in a smaller cabin, I would be certain to allow plenty of time to get ready for dining. It does take a bit longer with the limited space, but it seems to work out just fine.

Really the only problem that I felt we ran into was the kids being messy with leaving their things laying around. With limited space, I really had to get on them to keep their things picked up.

We didn't spend much time at all in our cabin, so we really didn't have a problem with the limited space with an inside cabin.

Our other cruise with 4 persons on an inside was with my 16 year old son and his best friend (a female). They pretty much did their own thing, and we really seldom saw them or were all in our cabin at the same time -- except for sleeping. They ate their meals on their own most evenings. So we were not all in the cabin at the same time getting ready.

The sleeping arrangement was a bit odd, though. There were 4 of us. There was one fold down bunk bed, which my son slept on. There were two twin-sized beds. There was one trundle-type bed that pulled out from underneath one of the twin beds.

So, across the floor of the cabin -- One twin bed, next to that was the trundle bed, then next was the second twin bed. All next to each other, touching. LIke one BIG, HUGE bed across the cabin!!!! My son's friend had to sleep with me and my dh. We laughed over that one!

But all was good. We adored his friend and were really close to her, so it wasn't awkward. She was 16 and is now 24, and we still laugh about her having to sleep with us!!!!

You will enjoy your cruise, and you will pry have some fun memories about all of you being in the cabin a bit crowded!!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!

We did an inside for 2 of us on the Breakaway in September. The room was small. Smaller than we were used to. When we saw it we said oh no not for longer than 7 days. By the end, I said I could do this for much longer.

The closet was big enough and the bathroom storage was fine. There was a lack of drawers. I would recommend everyone use a packing cube, so you can contain smaller items. There was a few narrow shelves in the closet and in one wall ( we had our water stash there). They also had 2 shelves on the side of the desk, we didn't notice it until half way through. Also, our sink had a cabinet that the door opened and you could stash stuff under the sink. Have fun.