MSC Preziosa docking query

EVERTON18

HI folks,first time with MSC Preziosa,sailing Oct 18 out of Venice.

My concern is,I have booked cruise,fights and transfers separately,my transfer company have said the return pick up from Venice port to the airport is at 08:15 am.

Will I be able to disembark in time to meet this transfer ??

Thanks in anticipation

HI folks,first time with MSC Preziosa,sailing Oct 18 out of Venice.

My concern is,I have booked cruise,fights and transfers separately,my transfer company have said the return pick up from Venice port to the airport is at 08:15 am.

Will I be able to disembark in time to meet this transfer ??

Thanks in anticipation

I would say the chances were slim, in my 4 sailings into Venice in Oct, 2 have been held outside the port by fog until gone 10:00 am.

Even if you don't get fog i doubt the ship will have cleared immigration by 8:15

Good luck, you'll need a lot of it

If you booked flights, transfers and cruise separately, why are the transfer company dictating pick up time, surely you do that? Could it be because you have a flight booked that is too early?

If your ship docks at 8.00, you are being very optimistic thinking you will be off by 08.15, even if you carry your own luggage off. Of you don't, not a chance of making it.

You also have a risk of fog to delay things and there is nearly always other ships in meaning loads of people milling around a very busy and chaotic org.

I'd certainly ask for a later pickup time, unless your flight timing doesn't allow for that.

Thanks for the reply,the voucher received from the transfer company ..shuttle direct.com,says 8:15 all I have done is given them the departure time of 11.40 am. So a phone call us required me finks

Again cheers for taking time to reply

Hi there,

I just got off the Preziosa last Saturday and we docked bang on time at 0900 hrs.

However, as already mentioned the earliest time for getting off was 0915 and our time from being told to leave to picking up our cases was around 25 minutes.

I would say you might struggle to make your transfer.

We had a similar problem, had booked British Airways flight independently departing at 11.35. Preziosa docked at 09.00 we disembarked and obtained luggage by 10.00. Our taxi transfer gave us a time of 8.30 but was there waiting for a 20 minute journey to the airport. The check in was okay but the security lines were long as we were the last of six big ships to dock that day.

When we booked last March we were under the impression that we would dock by 07.00 as on previous cruises, people warned us the timing would be very tight so as insurance we booked a second flight at 23.00 British Airways which only cost €123 for the two of us which we ultimately lost the money as we did catch our original flight. Hopefully you will make your flight, enjoy your cruise on a beautiful ship.