Super Saver Inside

buelah111

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with information and/or experiences with Carnival's Super Saver rate. I'm looking to book a cruise on the Breeze. The Super Saver Inside rate is currently the least expensive option. My husband and I aren't picky about cabin location, but we do want our beds together.

I've read conflicting information about whether category 1a is even a possibility with the Super Saver. Is that something anyone can confirm? Has anyone ever been assigned a 1A cabin with a Super Saver rate?

The other consideration, if it is a possibility, is that when I look at options to book a selected cabin, the Upper/Lower options don't show any availability. I'm assume that would make the odds of our getting assigned one of these pretty small, unless someone cancels or upsells/upgrades, I guess.

Anyway, I would welcome any knowledge or experience you can offer. We'll likely be looking to book within the next couple of days and need to make a final decision on whether we need to pay a bit extra to guarantee two beds together.

Thanks!

Stacy

It definitely is possible that you could be assigned a 1A. It's even in writing on the website's booking engine that you could be assigned upper/lower accommodations. There have been a few scattered reports from people saying that they were assigned a 1A, but it does seem to be rare. When checking to see if there are any 1As left for your cruise, be sure to select the Fun Select rate, the most expensive option, as sometimes that rate will be the only one that allows certain categories to be booked. If no 1As are available, then you're right that the only way you would get assigned one is if someone booked in one cancels or upgrades.

Chances are you wouldn't get a 1A, but the possibility exists.

I agree but it is very unlikely

some people book those rooms on purpose because they are least expensive

they are often sold out AS guaranteed cabins. (as in they pick them on purpose).

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. If you are assigned it on the rare chance, pay the incremental amount to upgrade (which will likely be small)

imo they actually prefer to hold those cabins so they can market the lowest possible cost

Edited by falkcor