Decorating room

lbfluffy

My husband will be 50 on our upcoming cruise. I want to decorate the cabin before he gets to our cabin. Our group will all meet at the buffet when we board then my friend and I will sneak to the cabin and decorate. Can I get to my cabin as soon as I board? Carnival makes you wait, but I have never been on NCL. I just want to decorate and throw some gag things in the cabin.

They usually allow all guests into cabins ~1:30pm. You might be able to get to your cabin before then however I have seen sometimes where they close the fire doors so you cannot access cabin hallways or your cabin may not yet be clean.

We have only seen the fire doors closed once on NCL and have always been able to drop stuff off. I suggest having someone from the party slip off and try that and if the doors are closed, as a room steward and tell them what you want to do. I can't imagine they wouldn't let you decorate right quick.

We had them do the decorating for my son while we were in port one day. He was soooo surprised!

We have only seen the fire doors closed once on NCL and have always been able to drop stuff off. I suggest having someone from the party slip off and try that and if the doors are closed, as a room steward and tell them what you want to do. I can't imagine they wouldn't let you decorate right quick.

We had them do the decorating for my son while we were in port one day. He was soooo surprised!

JMHAM, did you preorder it or do it while on the ship? My mom is turning 60 on our trip and I want to have her room decorated while we're in port but I don't want it showing on her edocs.

I'm going to bring my decorations. I found some great one's at a party store.

Good idea bringing your own. I paid NCL to decorate ours for our anniversary and to be honest I could have done better. I will be bringing my own this week for my hubby's birthday.