Regal Princess maiden crossing

TNT5197

Embarking Venice aboard the Regal Princess for the TransAtlantic

One word describes it. Chaotic!

We arrived at the port via Princess’s bus from the airport at 10:30. When entering, in addition to your medical form, a colored card was assigned to you. Pink was the color assigned to us.

Registration began at 11:30. When your color was called everyone got in a single line. It didn’t matter if you were elite or platinum or if you had a suite. Everyone had to stand in the single line which wrapped around.

It only took about 15 minutes to reach an agent and registration was quick. We’re platinum and booked a suite (which is lovely). A “white” slip of paper was given to us and we were told to board when they called elite.

After about 10 minutes different elite colors were called. Amidst the shoving and pushing, we finally made it to the head of the line only to be turned away. Others who were turned away were unable to get out of the way causing more crowding. I questioned them and asked when we’d be allowed to board to be told after all the elite colors were called. After about 10 minutes another rep walked by so we asked him. He said we could board now. The female attend who turned us away wasn’t too pleased with his decision. I guess he outranked her.

Clearing security was tougher than at the airport but the line moved quickly.

I’m disappointed with Princess for allowing this chaotic scene to develop. This was by far the worst embarking we’ve experienced.

So far aboard the ship the experience has been great.

That is so odd. Hopefully its not signs to come of a new boarding process.

I think the OP's experience has more to do with the port in Venice, a larger ship and I am sure a larger amount of Elites being on a maiden TA, along with it being much earlier in the day...I know that was the case for our maiden TA on the Royal last year....we didn't go to the port until around 2pm and it was no where near as bad as this but still busy & chaotic.

maiden TransAtlantic

I just had to chuckle over that one! ;) It's like some foreign words that are pronounced/spelled the same but have different meanings depending on their use in a sentence. Then there are acronyms!!!! I don't even want to go there!! (work with them everyday at the office). :eek: