Tours to Berlin

Aruba76

Heather is an outstanding guide. Our bus ride was comfortable too. We had no plans on visiting Germany again, but I know we made the right choice with SPB and Heather ( we requested to be in her group). As far as lunch goes, Heather will bring you to a place for a traditional German lunch. Of course, Heather will also explain so much during the day about the horrific past of Berlin, Cold War Germany, and even the rebuilding of the city. Enjoy your vacation. These are amazing cities.

Thanks hubofhockey, you'd mentioned Heather in another thread, will most most certainly ask for her on our Berlin tour.

We went to Berlin with SPB Tours last year and thought the time there and back were worth it. That's a very personal decision, some think it's worth the long travel time others not. We did extensive research and felt very safe time wise with SPB and were glad we went with a smaller group. Just our experience, but we would go with them again.

The tour gave us a wonderful overview of Berlin and we hope to be able to return again someday.

which SPB tour of Berlin did you do? I see they offer three.

which SPB tour of Berlin did you do? I see they offer three.

We're doing the Classic Berlin with a visit to the Neues museum during the lunch hour, unfortunately the Pergamon will be closed next year. SPB calls this a "private interest" tour but the price is more or less the same, museum extrance extra of course. BTW, have asked to be assigned Heather as a guide.

• 1 month later...
We are planning our tours now for our May Baltic cruise and are trying to decide whether to use SPB Tours (we are planning to use them for St. Petersburg) or a Celebrity tour for Berlin. Because it is a 3 hour drive from the port, we are inclined to use a Celebrity tour so we don't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time. Does anyone have any insight on which one to use? We would prefer the smaller SPB tour to the large bus tour from Celebrity, but is the possibility of getting stuck in traffic and not making it back to the ship on time worth the smaller group size? Thank you for any help you can give us.

Hi, I've done this tour from Warnemunde to Berlin this year with my husband and there was no rush and no stress - we were advised when to leave Berlin to be safe on time in port so I wouldn't worry about it. We booked this tour with private company and paid less than 150 EUR per person for a small group tour - I think it was around 7-8 people...definitely recommend it

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I want to warn people from booking a private tour with Berlin City Tours, as they have a terrible cancellation policy. We booked a tour for 12 in July of 2015, and put a down payment of 25%. We had to cancel the tour when 8 members of our group were no longer able to go on the cruise. We understood that we had to pay administration fees (15%) for cancelling, but were shocked when the fees were calculated from the cost of the whole trip, and not from our down payment. This resulted in a significant loss for us. The cost of the whole tour was 1095 euros, and our down payment was 273.75 euros. Instead of getting back 232.68 euros, we are only getting back 109 euros. The manager of Berlin City Tours claims that the cancellation policy is clear, despite the fact that it does not clearly state that the fees come from the total amount. Here is their policy, as stated on their website:

Groups from 8 individuals up:

Cancellation more than 1 month before departure date : only administration fees

Cancellation between 1 month and 2 weeks prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount

Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount.

The fees for total amount are not listed until someone cancels between 1 month and 2 weeks before departure date. We are cancelling well in advance of that. Beware Berlin City Tours!

Edited by Help@
removed name

• 1 year later...

We were part of a six person group that hired Jeremy Minsberg for a private tour of Berlin in June 2016 that included a private driver from port round trip. The six of us got together through Roll Call and it worked out great. Because of the long drive between the port and Berlin, I recommend a private driver who can go fast, rather than a slow bus tour. That will maximize your time in the city. Also, with a small group you can move around faster and are more able to customize the tour. Instead of spending time in a restaurant, Jeremy took us to the new Berlin train station to view the architecture and get sandwiches that we ate in a park. We also saw the Olympic Stadium and many many other sites. Jeremy is full of information that he augments with historical pictures and videos he shows on his ipad. It was neat to see videos of military parades on the street we were driving down, or a picture of Hitler giving his address at the Olympics from the very stage where we were standing. I highly recommend Jeremy.