Best shopping at Sawgrass mills?

Hi!

We have a really nice winter holiday booked for January 2015. We plan to visit Sawgrass Mills during the pre cruise portion of our holiday and need some advice when it comes to shopping. I am sure some of you know the mall. Which shops offer are the best bargains? And how is the shopping for men? I am looking for a nice designer hand bag, black one with classic style, high heels and some basic summer wear. Need new shoes for gym too.

I ask advice because we have only half day planed for shopping so I have to be effective! ;)

I love the shopping there. I would study their map online, get there very early for easy parking or valet parking and then head to your favorite stores. Very upscale shops in the Colonnade which is outdoors. I go every six months and go with a plan and a budget and usually stay 3-4 hours then have lunch and leave. I went once later on a Friday and it was too crowded. Good luck and happy shopping!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of the clothing will still be winter styles. Just because it's Florida, it doesn't mean we wear summer clothes year round. We wear winter colors in medium weights as opposed to heavy weight fabrics they wear in cold weather areas.

If you are coming in late January the resort lines will be out in the better department stores, but they won't be sale priced, and resort is usually more expensive to being with. A pair of shorts you'd pay $40 for in the summer will run $60 on the resort line. They know they have you because there is less supply at that time.

If you are coming in early January, the choices will be very slim.

Sawgrass Mills is like any other outlet, only bigger. There really aren't any bargains. A lot of things you find at outlet stores are made for the outlets. At the Colonnade section, you will find Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spade plus a lot of designer, upscale brands. I think the prices are the same as you would find on sale in a dept. store. But don't expect any real deals.

There are plenty of shops for men - Kenneth Cole, Brooks Bros., Ralph Lauren - to give you an idea.

Edited by WELDON

I live near a Mills outlet mall and there are TONS of deals to be found, especially in early January with all the after-Christmas sales. You have to be a savvy shopper and a little tech savvy with a dose of patience thrown in, though. These malls are huge and I believe Sawgrass is the largest of them all.

Download retailmenot and Simon Malls apps to look up sales and/or coupons for each store you're interested in. No need to print anything, just show the cashier your phone with the code. I don't ever shop without using retailmenot anymore and I've saved hundreds.

My recs are to check out Off Fifth and Last Call for great designer handbags and shoes. Can't guarantee they'll have what you want because of frequent inventory changes but definitely worth the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums