Brilliance of the Seas and MTD

tekeella

I am just getting off the 10/12 BoS NE/Canada cruise and while everything else on our cruise was great we had a lot of trouble with MTD.

I usually love MTD and make my reservations months ahead of the cruise and have no problems sitting down within a few minutes of arrival but that is not even close to how it worked on brilliance. For starters there was no difference or enforcement of the with reservations or no reservations line split which with the long line lengths after 7 pm really seemed to frustrate a lot of people. Then they seemed to rarely have tables set up for people with reservations. We often showed up a few minutes before our reserved time and were told they had nothing for us but because I was on crutches they could give us a little table by the door that had no assigned staff and often meant a very lengthy meal. I appreciated the extra accommodation but two nights that table was occupied and they just had nothing for us and said it would be a half hour before they did!

I've seen a lot of complaints on here about MTD and I've never had an issue as long as I had reservations. But on BoS reservations seemed to mean nothing and it was extremely frustrating.

We were also on this cruise and MTD was very slow. I also booked our reservations months ago for 5:30 every night. There were not separate lines for those with reservations and those who didn't have reservations. We usually only had to wait a few minutes in line to get a table but then it was nearly 2 hours each night for dinner, which could explain why you weren't able to get a table at 7 since the early tables weren't clearing quickly. Our waiter was fine but the assistant waiter was not very good at all. They ended up pulling another over to help him and the head waiter was clearing dishes one night.

We usually try the MDR and if it is running smoothly, we will eat there, if not, we go to the Windjammer instead. We ended up eating in the WJ 4 nights and cancelled all our other reservations. Worked out much better for us.

We were also on this cruise and MTD was very slow. I also booked our reservations months ago for 5:30 every night. There were not separate lines for those with reservations and those who didn't have reservations. We usually only had to wait a few minutes in line to get a table but then it was nearly 2 hours each night for dinner, which could explain why you weren't able to get a table at 7 since the early tables weren't clearing quickly. Our waiter was fine but the assistant waiter was not very good at all. They ended up pulling another over to help him and the head waiter was clearing dishes one night.

We usually try the MDR and if it is running smoothly, we will eat there, if not, we go to the Windjammer instead. We ended up eating in the WJ 4 nights and cancelled all our other reservations. Worked out much better for us.

We were also on that same cruise. We had MTD booked but never actually went. We ate in the windjammer every night, and we actually enjoyed it. It made it easier because we had a toddler with us. It's a shame that MTD seemed to fall apart on this one.

We were also on that same cruise. We had MTD booked but never actually went. We ate in the windjammer every night, and we actually enjoyed it. It made it easier because we had a toddler with us. It's a shame that MTD seemed to fall apart on this one.

I think you were on the week before us, we just got off today, like the OP.:)

We enjoy the WJ at dinner, especially when they are doing themes. The stir fry that they did every night we went was excellent. We thought we would do the MDR more this cruise as my mother and her friend were dining with us and are dining room people. They came up to the WJ too and my mom is now a convert.:p

I think you were on the week before us, we just got off today, like the OP.:)

We enjoy the WJ at dinner, especially when they are doing themes. The stir fry that they did every night we went was excellent. We thought we would do the MDR more this cruise as my mother and her friend were dining with us and are dining room people. They came up to the WJ too and my mom is now a convert.:p

Woops, I took the mention of the 12th as the day she/he got off the ship, not day boarded!