Questions for Recent Liberty cruisers

Questions for people recently (last couple weeks/ Caribbean sailings) back from Liberty

1 - What movies did they play on the Screen at night by the pool

2 - Was there a reggae band by the pool during the day

3 - Did the sky bar stay open til atleast 10pm most nights?

4 - General question - Has anyone bought the replenish pkg I believe its called. Suppose to include soda and non alcoholic bvgs - wondering if I can get like virgin bloody marys or virgin daiquiris ( Even though Im preg Id like to pretend IM drinking with my husband..LOL - I still very much want to be at the bars and in the midst of the nightlife :D)

Questions for people recently (last couple weeks/ Caribbean sailings) back from Liberty

1 - What movies did they play on the Screen at night by the pool

2 - Was there a reggae band by the pool during the day

3 - Did the sky bar stay open til atleast 10pm most nights?

4 - General question - Has anyone bought the replenish pkg I believe its called. Suppose to include soda and non alcoholic bvgs - wondering if I can get like virgin bloody marys or virgin daiquiris ( Even though Im preg Id like to pretend IM drinking with my husband..LOL - I still very much want to be at the bars and in the midst of the nightlife :D)

1) last week they played various movies including Ghostbusters, Planes: Fire and Rescue, Edge of Tomorrow and Jumanji. There was also a showing of Maleficent in the Dreamwork's 3D Experience (which confused me being that a Disney film)

2) there was a band during the day, they were called "Vibe Nation Duo" and are listed in the compass as Reggae but I wouldn't exactly call them that

3) the SkyBar closed early evening, but it was always empty around the poolside by about 7/8 anyway because it wasn't that hot, the only night I remember it staying open was for the White Night Pool Party

4) you can get any cocktail that doesn't contain alcohol, so you should be okay

Note that this is based on last weeks European sailings and the movies/music and even the SkyBar opening times might change when in the Carribean

3) the SkyBar closed early evening, but it was always empty around the poolside by about 7/8 anyway because it wasn't that hot, the only night I remember it staying open was for the White Night Pool Party

White Night Pool Party: Is this a regular thing they have? I don't really own any white clothes, but if there is a party I would like to attend AND wear something white. Thanks.

White Night Pool Party: Is this a regular thing they have? I don't really own any white clothes, but if there is a party I would like to attend AND wear something white. Thanks.

Nobody except cruise director staff were wearing white, you'll be fine, It was scheduled on the formal night but most people had got into casuals for it

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home today from the first 5-Day Caribbean sailing - the Liberty ended her Transatlantic in Ft. Lauderdale on November 8. The movies on the big screen were Edge of Tomorrow (played 2 nights), Ghost Busters & Planes Fire & Rescue. The 3D movies in the theatre were Mr. Peabody & Sherman and How to Train Your Dragon II.

We're not big bar people so I'm not sure which one was the "Sky Bar". Most of the bars on the pool deck were closed around 9:00 p.m. It was also miserably hard to get drink service out by the pool - the bars were mob scenes and servers were very scarce. Live music (not always reggae) was performed on the main pool deck everyday from 11:30 - 2:00. Oddly, there wasn't anything for sail away after port days.

There were a large number of bars and lounges on the Promenade and on Deck 4. Many of them had live music and they seemed to stay open until late (although most of them didn't open until late afternoon).

Sorry I can't help with the drink package - we went pay-as-you-go and didn't even really look at the packages. Please ask any other specific questions you may have. We had a really good time on the LOS!

Thanks for the replies. The Sky Bar is the one above the pool deck. It usually stays open til 9 but on our last cruise (terrible - Brilliance) it closed at 6pm. Didn't know if this was a fleet wide thing.

Cool flying in from Ny wont see warm weather for over 5 months lets go sit inside. Was a huge bummer. :rolleyes:

Was hoping they had the reggae band by the pool....Another Bummer :(

We were also on the first 5-dayer.

There was a band playing by the pool but not what I would call a reggae band, although they were a different band to the one they had on the crossing and better, I thought.

They also had a white party on deck on day 4 - lots of people were there but not that many dressed in white.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got home today from the first 5-Day Caribbean sailing - the Liberty ended her Transatlantic in Ft. Lauderdale on November 8. The movies on the big screen were Edge of Tomorrow (played 2 nights), Ghost Busters & Planes Fire & Rescue. The 3D movies in the theatre were Mr. Peabody & Sherman and How to Train Your Dragon II.

We're not big bar people so I'm not sure which one was the "Sky Bar". Most of the bars on the pool deck were closed around 9:00 p.m. It was also miserably hard to get drink service out by the pool - the bars were mob scenes and servers were very scarce. Live music (not always reggae) was performed on the main pool deck everyday from 11:30 - 2:00. Oddly, there wasn't anything for sail away after port days.

There were a large number of bars and lounges on the Promenade and on Deck 4. Many of them had live music and they seemed to stay open until late (although most of them didn't open until late afternoon).

Sorry I can't help with the drink package - we went pay-as-you-go and didn't even really look at the packages. Please ask any other specific questions you may have. We had a really good time on the LOS!

We have heard several answers in regard to the option of passengers bringing their own water on board. Does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is acceptable or will you be denied bringing this on board.

We booked our My time dining at 5:30pm. Wondering my kids probably get hungry at nigh. So wondering what's the dinner buffet hour, in case we can take our kid get something to eat there.

The Windjammer Dinner Buffet is from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

We have heard several answers in regard to the option of passengers bringing their own water on board. Does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is acceptable or will you be denied bringing this on board.

I believe you can bring your own water but, in my opinion, it's not necessary. They have the best water filter system on RCI - reverse osmosis. I just bring one bottle on board and refill it as necessary. Any bar tender or someone at the counter in the Promenade Cafe or Windjammer will fill it for you.

We booked our My time dining at 5:30pm. Wondering my kids probably get hungry at nigh. So wondering what's the dinner buffet hour, in case we can take our kid get something to eat there.

If you are on Liberty, there is also Cafe Promenade, which is open almost 24 hours, and Sorrento's pizza which is also open late.