When to Book

I need some help from my thrift experienced cruisers. I am looking to book an anniversary trip in August (very flexible to Oct).

What I am wonderign is when is the best time to book. Now early? When are the big sales?

A lot of times people mention a huge sale in march or may? DO I wait till then and how do I get in on that or is it general?

Thanks for any suggestions

I need some help from my thrift experienced cruisers. I am looking to book an anniversary trip in August (very flexible to Oct).

What I am wonderign is when is the best time to book. Now early? When are the big sales?

A lot of times people mention a huge sale in march or may? DO I wait till then and how do I get in on that or is it general?

Thanks for any suggestions

There's really no way to predict the best time to book, or when sales will appear.

However, Royal will usually grant price drops before final payment date.

Narrow down your choices to ship and itinerary. Start looking after final payment (75 days out) at cabin inventory (RCI UK site). At about 60 days out is when prices start droping dramatically if there's unsold inventory. You will likely have better prices after school starts (after Sept) and on non-holiday weeks. Bargains can be found on the Tuesday special. If you want a deal you have to look everyday - sometime mutiple times a day - and be ready to pounce once the price seems good.:cool:

Narrow down your choices to ship and itinerary. Start looking after final payment (75 days out) at cabin inventory (RCI UK site). At about 60 days out is when prices start droping dramatically if there's unsold inventory. You will likely have better prices after school starts (after Sept) and on non-holiday weeks. Bargains can be found on the Tuesday special. If you want a deal you have to look everyday - sometime mutiple times a day - and be ready to pounce once the price seems good.:cool:

I booked my Allure cruise after final payment and it has worked out very well for me. I have been tracking this cruise since June when the price for an solo inside cabin was $2000. Over the summer the price went up and down so I knew that I had to wait for final payment which was in August. When the price went down to $1273 I snagged it and then watched for it to go down some more. I get price alerts so I knew when the price went up or down. Long story short I have upgraded from a small inside to a CP view to a CP balcony to a Oceanview balcony for just an additional $77. I am sailing on Sunday and will be in an Oceanview Balcony for a total of $1350. Back in August this D2 balcony was $2100 for one person. So glad that I waited and waited as I feel that I got a great deal.

I booked my Allure cruise after final payment and it has worked out very well for me. I have been tracking this cruise since June when the price for an solo inside cabin was $2000. Over the summer the price went up and down so I knew that I had to wait for final payment which was in August. When the price went down to $1273 I snagged it and then watched for it to go down some more. I get price alerts so I knew when the price went up or down. Long story short I have upgraded from a small inside to a CP view to a CP balcony to a Oceanview balcony for just an additional $77. I am sailing on Sunday and will be in an Oceanview Balcony for a total of $1350. Back in August this D2 balcony was $2100 for one person. So glad that I waited and waited as I feel that I got a great deal.

what site or app did you use for the price alerts?