B2B Different Cruise Lines Port Everglades

toledo_cruiser

As the title states, we're doing one leg on the Carnival Freedom and the second leg on the HAL Westerdam in early December. I'm sure it's been covered before, but I didn't see specific answers to my questions when I searched CC.

Unless these ships dock near each other I'm sure we're going to have to take a taxi to get from one terminal to another. I saw a mention of a port shuttle in one post, but I've never noticed one in several cruises out of Port Everglades (too be honest, I wasn't looking, too busy catching a cab back to the airport).

1. Is there a flat fee to go from one terminal to another, or is it metered? Heck, the airport fee is reasonable so we wouldn't mind paying that.

2. If there is a shuttle, what is the price?

3. How close are these ships? I saw a map of the port, but it has numbers for the different berths. I know, do more research. ;)

Thanks,

Jim

As the title states, we're doing one leg on the Carnival Freedom and the second leg on the HAL Westerdam in early December. I'm sure it's been covered before, but I didn't see specific answers to my questions when I searched CC.

Unless these ships dock near each other I'm sure we're going to have to take a taxi to get from one terminal to another. I saw a mention of a port shuttle in one post, but I've never noticed one in several cruises out of Port Everglades (too be honest, I wasn't looking, too busy catching a cab back to the airport).

1. Is there a flat fee to go from one terminal to another, or is it metered? Heck, the airport fee is reasonable so we wouldn't mind paying that.

2. If there is a shuttle, what is the price?

3. How close are these ships? I saw a map of the port, but it has numbers for the different berths. I know, do more research. ;)

Thanks,

Jim

As far as I know, there is no shuttle that specifically runs to transport passengers between the different piers at Port Everglades.

The port is huge, very busy and not walker friendly. The two ships you mention may or may not be near each other.

We are doing the same as you, B2B on 2 different lines. What I have learned on CC is that cab drivers don't like to take people from one ship to another as it is such a short trip, and by doing it they lose out on the chance for a longer more lucrative trip. So, what we plan on doing is trying to be in the last group off our Princess cruise, grab a cab, and if he is unhappy about it being such a short trip offer him a flat rate, maybe $15, which is about what it would cost to go to the airport. Then he can drop us off at our HAL pier and get back in line for another fare.

Hopefully it works.:o