Cozumel-tours.com for Atlantis submarine?

Chicagomom

Has anyone used this company for the Atlantis submarine tour in Cozumel? It seems to be a little more reasonably priced than the others, but seems to do the same things the others do. We are looking for something to do in Cozumel besides snorkel (I think we will be snorkled out by the time we get to Cozumel).

I believe there is only one company doing the submarine in Cozumel and the cruise ships are about the same price. Even if it is cheaper to book 3rd party keep in mind that you may need a ride which won't be included. If I remember correctly when I booked it through Carnival the boat picks you up and drops you off, where if you book with someone else you need to take a cab to their office.

we booked this tour a couple years ago through the cruiseline (NCL) and it was great- the area of the reef that you go to is just beautiful- the view is really good (everyone gets their own window) and it's really cool. The group was transported actually by taxis from the cruise dock to the Atlantis building (paid for by NCL with the tour), and then once at the building, there was a brief orientation, then you board the boat that takes you out to the sub (which is on the reef). You transfer from the boat to the sub but walking down a ladder into the sub itself, then spend about 50 min or so actually underwater, all viewing the reef.

We saw a couple sharks, a turtle, rays, and even a moray eel in addition to all the expected reef fish. It was a little pricey, but we thought it was worth it.