Deluxe owners room on breakaway

boatbaby11

Besides standard suite perks and amenities, you will get one bottle of champagne instead of sparkling wine plus three bottles of liquor you can choose from a list that the butler will give you after boarding (in theory you can request the list from Pre Cruise Concierge desk but it's usually hit-n-miss and anyway less hassle to handle that onboard).

Also sodas and bottled water in cabin fridge are free and the butler will replenish them, if you prefer something in particular, just tell them to focus on that. It's so nice to be able to take a cold water bottle from the fridge when leaving the ship on islands.

Edited by Demonyte

We just upgraded to the deluxe owners room and I'm not sure what it comes with if anything. We leave in 17 days can't wait, we are so excited.

What room did you upgrade from? Having been in the DOS on BA, it would not be my first choice of a room anymore.

You didn't like the best suite on the boat?

First, those are ships, not boats. ;)

Secondly, "best" is very subjective matter - to my understanding suites on newest ships are nowhere as large as same category suites on older ships, including balconies. There are also a lot of other differences why someone might not choose the "best" but a lower category suite instead.

You didn't like the best suite on the boat?

Correct. As mentioned - the space was one issue as it kept getting smaller as construction began until final completion.

We booked before construction began or soon thereafter and we took the risk not knowing what the final product would look like. What we did not know until about a month before sailing was that the room shared a movable wall between it and the OS next door. This wall leaked a ton of noise so we could hear very clearly our neighbors when they sat at the table in their room.

They also added a divider on the balcony as shown in the link I posted above. The overall Haven experience was just o.k. 6 months later we sailed on DCL Fantasy in a 1 BR Concierge and that room, experience, and concierge experience BLEW away our experience on the BA. And no, it was not more expensive, it was actually a bit cheaper. It was also about the same price as if we had gone on GA doing the same ports except for DCL CC vs. Nassau and it was the same dates.

I should add that I went through a few of the other rooms in the area and the 2br was dinky. The balcony was dinky. Having someone sleep in the small living room would be very inconvenient as an FYI but doesn't really apply to ops question.

Edited by dexddd