corkage fee questions?

winediva

Mc Cruiser, I was hoping you wouldn't say it was on the website. The brochure not being up to date is one thing, the website is quite another. Doesn't it make you wonder what to think? winediva, It's 3 bucks here also; guess it's the cost of freight. You know it really isn't the worst wine when you just want a drink before dinner. Another one that is about the same is golden Gate. Sometimes it's $5 a bottle; for that I will pay $6 or $8 for a better one, but when it's on sale for $3 I can live with it. Obviously I love wine but am not an expert on good versus bad. NMNIta

Ah yes, the famed Charles Shaw :). Its actually 3 whole dollars anywhere outside of California. Again, I think its just preventing folks from bringing cases of booze on board. I've toted on 6 bottles with no problem on Celebrity and RCL with not a peep in the last year. In fact, I asked my cabin steward to fill my little cabin trash can with ice upon arrival. He said (with a carribbean accent)"But that is the trash can , Ma'm" I said, "Yes, I know - I just would like a lot of ice." He then smiled "Do you have wine to chill M'am?" and I said - "why yes, I do" With a quick smirk he said "All right. Let the party begin!" I asked what the procedure was to pay the corkage fee and he told me "don't worry about that Ma'm. You are on vacation."

Then - everyday when I left for lunch, he would chill any bottle I left next to the ice bucket, so that it was ready for our pre-dinner Champagne on the balcony. Sooo coool! And the corkage fee never appeared on our bill.

I just added up what the corkage fee should have been and gave it to my cabin steward in addition to his gratuity.

Ahhhhh, I love cruising :)

After cruising so much on Princess, it seems bizarre to have to worry about all of this. We have brought several bottles of wine and champagne, even liquor onboard without a problem and no corkage fees. Although there are refrigerators in the cabins, all we had to do is call room service and ask for an ice bucket and X number of glasses, all free and brought to your cabin in a matter of a few minutes. We always ask for a dish of slced limes from the cabin steward, and no problem! I will really have to do an attitude adjustment to deal with this NCL policy.

Archived