Constellation MDR Menu for Short Cruise?

SunnyAJ

I can't seem to find out a lot about the 4-night "holiday" cruise that we just spontaneously booked on the Constellation next month in between Christmas and New Years. This is a short cruise for us, so I'm hoping that the food (and service) will be somewhat up to par from what we've received from our longer Celebrity cruises in the past.

I'm torn if we will like the MDR menu choices, or should we opt for specialty restaurants for better food/service during this short cruise? Does anyone have any MDR menus to share from a 4-night Celebrity cruise - I'd love to see! Oh, and how about any opinions about the quality of the buffet on the Constellation?

Any input I could get would be appreciated!

My recollection from my short Connie in January was they followed the same daily menus as other ships, the Day 1 menu (always has goat cheese and beet salad) day 2 menu etc.

I also recall there was no lobster on the formal night, but for in the specialties.

But the menu was the same as always, just never get to the day 5 6, or 7 menus!

That is good news - thanks for that! My foodie 15 year old is already looking forward to the "prime rib on the first night." So sounds like he won't be disappointed!

That is surprising about no lobster on the formal night. However, we did already make reservations at Ocean Liners (very excited to try!) on the one night at sea. I'm counting on that being the formal night so we would miss it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the Day 1 menu (always has goat cheese and beet salad) day 2 menu etc...the day 5 6, or 7 menus!

So these are standard menus? Are they available online anywhere? We're going on a 9-night cruise in just over three weeks and I'd love to see the menus if they're out there.

Thanks!

So these are standard menus? Are they available online anywhere? We're going on a 9-night cruise in just over three weeks and I'd love to see the menus if they're out there.

Thanks!

Search for any menus on any ship this year. I've been on 5 cruises so far, and all 5 had the same menus on a daily basis, there seems to be 14 days worth of menus before they start over again in the case of an itinerary in excess of 14 days. There will also be an adjustment for formal nights menus as appropriate (as formal nights are not all on the same days) After my 3rd this year, I noticed it was the same rotation, then a table mate pointed out the very small print on the bottom of the menus that indicates the day number of the cruise that the menu corresponded to.

That is good news - thanks for that! My foodie 15 year old is already looking forward to the "prime rib on the first night." So sounds like he won't be disappointed!

I can't recall if prime rib is on the 1st night's menu or not. I'm not a fan of it so haven't paid attention, can't even say for sure it's in the 1st 4 days menus (i.e. it may be missed on connie's shorter cruses).

I hope they have it! We were just on the Summit over the summer and it was definitely on the first night. It isn't highlighted at the top of the choices though, so may get missed.

I'm hoping we are just as happy with the Connie as we were with the Summit.