Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

Yay!!

When are you onboard again?

Is the elevator to the Haven, key access only on the Gem? I see they have doors to the hallways that are keyed. They do not have those door on the Pearl, only the elevator and all doors leading to the Haven are keyed. I just wanted to make sure if we did the DOS we wouldn't have a privacy problem and I didn't want to start another thread for a quick answer.

Thank you

Is the elevator to the Haven, key access only on the Gem? I see they have doors to the hallways that are keyed. They do not have those door on the Pearl, only the elevator and all doors leading to the Haven are keyed. I just wanted to make sure if we did the DOS we wouldn't have a privacy problem and I didn't want to start another thread for a quick answer.

Thank you

Yes, they have key access in elevator as well as on deck 14 midship doorway.

I really wish they would update the 360° virtual tour option on the web page for the gem. It still has blue lagoon, the old maderno on deck 8, and the old furnishings in the spinnaker lounge.

They may be waiting for after the official Dry Dock to do so?

I should have checked Cruse Critic prior to booking. We decided to go on the Norwegian Gem over Christmas and booked directly with Norwegian. We cruised the same ship two years prior and our kids kept busy with the Rock Climbing and Miniature Golf. Unfortunately the cruise agent did not let us know that:

Rock Climbing CLOSED for entire cruise

Mini Golf CLOSED for entire cruise

Basketball CLOSED every evening and for two days during cruise.

When we complained onboard the assistant cruise director told us the travel agent should have informed us. As we booked direct with Norwegian there was not travel agent and the cruise consultant did not tell us about any closures.

Only compensation offered was a small onboard credit if we cruise Norwegian again.

WILL NEVER CRUISE THIS LINE AGAIN.

Wow that must of been very upsetting to have those things closed during your cruise. It really would of not impacted our cruise, but we are not traveling with children, and can appreciate how it did yours. Sorry this happened to you. NCL should inform every everybody of this when booking, and should have a disclaimer on the website too. It shouldn't be our job to check CC to find out these things. NCL dropped the ball

I should have checked Cruse Critic prior to booking. We decided to go on the Norwegian Gem over Christmas and booked directly with Norwegian. We cruised the same ship two years prior and our kids kept busy with the Rock Climbing and Miniature Golf. Unfortunately the cruise agent did not let us know that:

When we complained onboard the assistant cruise director told us the travel agent should have informed us. As we booked direct with Norwegian there was not travel agent and the cruise consultant did not tell us about any closures.

Only compensation offered was a small onboard credit if we cruise Norwegian again.

It certainly sucks consider you paid more to be on a holiday sailing.

When you said "Mini Golf CLOSED for entire cruise", do you mean the Golf Cage, as I can't find a mini golf course on the deck plan.

It certainly sucks consider you paid more to be on a holiday sailing.

When you said "Mini Golf CLOSED for entire cruise", do you mean the Golf Cage, as I can't find a mini golf course on the deck plan.

There was Mini Golf on our original cruise a couple of years prior. Not sure why it would not be on the deck plan. We have taken a few different cruises over the last few years and I am pretty sure I am not mixing up my ships. I did send a letter to Norwegian and they did apologize for the closings and never noted there was no mini golf. I am pretty sure I am correct. Perhaps this is something that is permanently closed.

There was Mini Golf on our original cruise a couple of years prior. Not sure why it would not be on the deck plan. We have taken a few different cruises over the last few years and I am pretty sure I am not mixing up my ships. I did send a letter to Norwegian and they did apologize for the closings and never noted there was no mini golf. I am pretty sure I am correct. Perhaps this is something that is permanently closed.

Cruised on Gem a few times. Never saw mini golf or heard about it ever being there.

I'm sorry that a rock wall, basketball court, and mini golf area constitute your entire cruise experience.