Food Available at Night?

Quampapetet

I don't think the buffet is open past 1:00 a.m. There is a limited selection - pizza, salad, desserts and coffee and tea.

However, there is 24 room service - with a nice menu on the cabin TV. Perhaps someone has a copy of the menu.

Delivery, even better! ;) Thanks!

Better yet...

It is all FREE

As Room Service Food (minus any Specialty Items... Ie Booze, Premium Coffees etc*) is all included in your basic cruise fare

Although most folks do tip the Delivery Person a few bucks.

Enjoy

Cheers!

* Even if you have a Bevvy Pkg, non standard items you will be charged full price for... Same is true for things you consume out of the Cabin Mini Bar

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I have been on a few cruises, but never ordered from room service. Did play the breakfast room service prank on my friends once, though, as they were in the cabin next door (I had the corner cabin, so our doors were very close to each other on perpendicular walls), so I heard them put out the card the night before. I was in their cabin with them when it all arrived - definitely was worth it!! ;) I learned that from these boards, though of course it is usually bratty kids doing it to strangers - I wouldn't ever do that!

I have been on a few cruises, but never ordered from room service. Did play the breakfast room service prank on my friends once, though, as they were in the cabin next door (I had the corner cabin, so our doors were very close to each other on perpendicular walls), so I heard them put out the card the night before. I was in their cabin with them when it all arrived - definitely was worth it!! ;) I learned that from these boards, though of course it is usually bratty kids doing it to strangers - I wouldn't ever do that!

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the breakfast room service prank?

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the breakfast room service prank?

I would guess that the "room service prank" is someone swapping cards or removing cards from doors so the occupants get either the incorrect order or no order at all.

Karilyn & Mark 🌞🌴🌊

from Central, VA

Specifically on the Summit, is the buffet or any other food available all throughout the night (i.e. midnight to 5:00 a.m.)? If so, what is available?

other than room service, not much. everything does shut down at some point during those hours to clean and get ready for the next day.

Personally after a fantastic evening meal who could possibly want more food till breakfast. There's already the temptation to over indulge at normal meal times any more food & I'd never get through the cabin door.

But if I order so much room service that I can't get out the door, I will just have to stay on board once the cruise ends! ;)

With my medical condition, I sometimes get crazy hungry at night no matter how much dinner I had or if I ate something just two hours prior. I try not to eat, but sometimes have no choice but to quiet my stomach down by having a snack. :(

My guess is they added a ton more on the card to where 2 trays were needed or something like that to deliver it....

I have never heard of that prank.

Yes, you add some things onto the card that they didn't order, like extra condiments (jellies and such) and stuff. It didn't take two trays, just was more than what the two people ordered.

I don't know about this Celebrity board, but I have seen it talked about on either or both of the Carnival and Royal Caribbean boards many times - that's how I heard about it in the first place and when I heard my friends hang their card out, it came to mind.

That prank sounds really mature

Oh, it is. Very much so. :D :p

Most pranks aren't mature, LOL, but it wasn't the first one I pulled on them that trip, so I took the chance to do another. We had a good laugh about it, especially since I happened to be in their room when it was delivered (not planned, as I think that was the day I accidentally got up an hour early for the excursion, as I mixed up the meeting time)!

Was on the Silhouette last year and got friendly with some teenagers and was very proudly told that their room service was the biggest room service ever ordered up and until that time, still with 8 teenagers what do you expect :D