Laundry On The Sun

asgeld

We are leaving on Tuesday for 5 nights in Seattle and then a week on the Sun and packing is becoming a bit difficult. Has anyone done laundry on the Sun or other NCL boat? I don't think you can do it yourself, like on Carnival or Celebrity, but is their service expensive and any good?

We are leaving on Tuesday for 5 nights in Seattle and then a week on the Sun and packing is becoming a bit difficult. Has anyone done laundry on the Sun or other NCL boat? I don't think you can do it yourself, like on Carnival or Celebrity, but is their service expensive and any good?

:mad: There is noself service laundry on the Sun. You can send it out and pay per piece $$$$$ or on one day of your trip the advertise you can fill a bagg and they will do it for $20.00 you can fit about 3jeans and maybe to polos in the bag Good luck. We just cameback from Alaska and it was great We had a balacony And Alaska was beautiful

We have had laundry services performed by NCL on several cruises and have not found the charges to be ``expensive'' in comparison to what we would pay for similar services here in our hometown. In fact, dry cleaning services are normally cheaper than we can get here at home. We have DH's tux and my formals dry cleaned aboard since its cheaper than at home.

Each cabin normally has a retractable clothesline in the shower which can be used to dry underwear, shirts and tops.

If you are staying in Seattle for 5 days prior to cruise, have you thought about spending a couple hours at a laundromat close to your hotel prior to cruise or have you asked your hotel about laundry services and prices?

Just some thoughts.

Dianne

asgeld:

DH & I will be very interested in your thoughts about the Star after you return. We will be on the Star 9/30 for it's first Mex. Riviera cruie of the year and are looking at booking either the Star or the Sun for Alaska in Sept. 2006.

Dianne

I am so excited about our trip that I can't even remember what ship we are on. Actually, we are on the 8/28 Star, not the Sun.

LOL!!! I know the feeling. I've been psyched for this trip for weeks, if not months! It's hard to believe that this time next week, my wife and I will be on the ship getting ready to depart for Alaska!

Good luck on your cruise!

JR

JR

Looking forward to hearing from you when you return from Star as well.

Not sure which cruise line we will book for Alaska yet, but NCL has a big bonus for us as we will have about 1,000 in MBNA dollar rewards to put towards an NCL cruise.

We have sailed the Wind in Western Caribbean and weren't really fond of that ship. (Only ship in NCL line so far we have not been ready to sail again soon). Will be on Star late Sept. and from what I've seen of Sun, that ship looks pretty good too.

Happy sails to you and to asgeld as well.

Dianne

Just an additional note on having laundry done on board any ship.

There have been several threads regarding more delicate items being sent out and marked as "special handling" returning damaged.

For normal clothes it's fine. Dry clean only items are OK also.

If you have anything that requires special laundering, you may want to reconsider sending to the ships laundry.

Charlie

... on one day of your trip the advertise you can fill a bagg and they will do it for $20.00 you can fit about 3jeans and maybe to polos in the bag ...
There doesn't seem to be any reason why you can't use two or more bags and pay the special per bag rate for each bag - you'd just need to sweet talk your cabin steward.

I knew that I was getting too comfy with cruise ship routines when one year I brought some clothes that had been worn but didn't need immediate washing, because I thought I'd need them on the cruise. And then got them washed and took them home cleaner than when they arrived - but still not worn on the cruise - because they would fit into the bag.

I'm sure this was not the intention of the laundry special. :)

Archived