Passports stamps??

cruise cutie7519

I have a passports and it has no stamps. Where can I go to get them stamped as we have a cruise at the end of this month. Can I go guest services and can they stamp them or do we have to do it on the island?

My dad said I could go to guest services and they could possibly stamp them. Is that true?

If we can't where can we go? We are taking the Pride. Do we have to go to like the post office?

There was a time that you could have them stamped at guest service but I don't think that is done anymore.

Many ports will not stamp them for cruise guests. In Jamaica last September we were told they only stamp them for people arriving by plane or staying greater then 24 hours.

Grand Cayman used to stamp. I don't know if they still do that. It was just to the right of where you walk in from the tender. And you can get it stamped at "Hell"

Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan I can't remember but I think we were able to get an unofficial stamp.

Other islands and ports you will have to ask. vary.

I have a passports and it has no stamps. Where can I go to get them stamped as we have a cruise at the end of this month. Can I go guest services and can they stamp them or do we have to do it on the island?

My dad said I could go to guest services and they could possibly stamp them. Is that true?

If we can't where can we go? We are taking the Pride. Do we have to go to like the post office?

I have seen three different answers to this question. I think they are all right, because they are base on the port and the situation.

1. I have read review where people said they gave their passport to guest Services to get stamped. From what I read, the Guest Services desk gets the immigration person who comes on board to do processing, to stamp it and then gives it back to you. It is always described as hit or miss.

2. Some ports (Cozumel is one named in posts) will stamp passports at Post Offices.

3. The surest way, I have read, is to google the location of the immigration office and go there. Of course this would mean spending some of your port time waiting in line at the immigration office.

You might want to as the Guest Service desk once you board for their suggestion.

My friend, Domino D, I too have read "I have read review where people said they gave their passport to guest Services to get stamped. From what I read, the Guest Services desk gets the immigration person who comes on board to do processing, to stamp it and then gives it back to you. It is always described as hit or miss."

But that would mean I would be in port without my passport. That is not going to happen. I think it stems from DH years of business travel to fun place like Russia and Yemen and China. You keep your passport on your person always!

But that would mean I would be in port without my passport. That is not going to happen. I think it stems from DH years of business travel to fun place like Russia and Yemen and China. You keep your passport on your person always!

For those countries you probably do need to have your passport, but otherwise it is much safer in your safe! Having travelled extensively and lived in Europe for a while the passport was basically NEVER on my person!!

My friend, Domino D, I too have read "I have read review where people said they gave their passport to guest Services to get stamped. From what I read, the Guest Services desk gets the immigration person who comes on board to do processing, to stamp it and then gives it back to you. It is always described as hit or miss."

Agreed, that's why we have never tried it. I do not have the personality to let it out of my control. Like you husband, mine are in the safe or in my backpack

Springs, wonder if your husband ever had a second passport? For a while I had two, due to travel in the middle east.

Edited by Domino D

Springs, wonder if your husband ever had a second passport? For a while I had two, due to travel in the middle east.

He hasn't personally had two but know folks that have. He did travel so much he had to have extra pages added to his passport. Which is why we don't typically get souvenir stamps but the kids like to have them in theirs. So I know some of the places to get them.