Paradise cruise.... internet questions?????

baad

On the Paradise ship do they let you use their internet terminals between midnight and 8am on the ship on the last day of the cruise? Also, do their internet terminals have working printers available?

The reason I ask is that I booked a flight that departs at 12:10 pm on the last day of my upcoming cruise (through Southwest airlines) and they let you check in online and print your boarding pass at 12:01 am or later on the day of the flight.

Can't say for the Paradise, but I had the same problem on the Elation in July. They did have a printer in the internet cafe and after talking to the internet manager, I found that if you bought one of the blocks of time and had minutes left, you could use them until 8:00 a.m. on the morning you left the ship. If you went on the by the minute plan you were cut off at midnight. I bought 100 minutes, made sure I had some left and at 1:00 a.m. printed my boarding pass and had some minutes left to check my e-mail. To me it was worth buying the minutes to get in the A group on boarding.

Have a great trip

Ron

Thanks ronrythm, that's good to know. I will make sure I buy a block of time.

Is 100 minutes the smallest block of time you can buy or can you can lower than that? Also, how much do the blocks of time cost?

Depends on the length of the cruise. This is from Carnivals web site. I was on a 7 day and needed to check my e-mail daily due to my mother's medical condition, so I bought the 100 minutes, made sure I had enough left and they didn't charge me to print the page. And I think you had to have signed up before 10 p.m. of the last night, but I'm not sure about that.

From http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Charges for the following services will be billed directly to guest's Sail and Sign Account as follows:

A one time activation fee is $3.95.

To obtain a temporary account while on board, the set-up charge is $3.95.

To print information, the charge is $.50-per page.

To utilize the service of the Internet Cafe, whether using a private workstation, renting a laptop or using the guest's personal laptop, the charge is:

$.75-per minute.

Block of Minutes (no refund for unused minutes):

3, 4 or 5 Day Cruise

30 minutes for $16.50 (.55 per minute).

60 minutes for $24.00 (.40 per minute).

7 Day Cruise or Longer

100 minutes for $55.00 (.55 per minute).

250 minutes for $100.00 (.40 per minute).

For Southwest, you don't need to print the boarding pass. Just check-in online and then re-print the boarding pass at the self-checkin kiosk. You will still get the same boarding group as when you checked in online.

Archived