Short review and suggestions for the POAM

NJDeb

Since this ship has been reviwed in depth already just wanted to post a few thoughts.....

Ship is beautiful......!!!

Embarkation was a breeze....lines were long but being a Latitudes member we waited about 5 min.....

Food in Liberty and Skyline restaurants was good.....service was great..we like long dinners on vacation

Tepanyaki was so much fun...filet migon was delicious.....

Little Italy was great.....service was too.....

Food in buffets were very good...lots of choices altho breakfast gets boring in there after a few days

Rooms are small but certainly comfortable...beds were very comfy.....showers were no diff size than other ships we were on...

Aft balcony was very large...4 chairs and a table.....(we had 2 rooms for 5 people)

Deck 10 and 9 get debris blowing on the balconies from the Aloha Cafe....really nobodys fault..just windy....steward picked up the debris everyday....

Also very noisy early in the morning there..... moving chairs and tables around.....

Photograhers really take their time and do a very good job posing the family

Pools are very overcrowded and unfortunately parents are not watching their kids all the time.....

My teens loved the ship...tons of kids their ages on board..spent some time in teen room...most of the time in the evenings hanging out at the pool deck and hot tubs....no problems

Everything we ordered ahead of time was in the room when we got there (excursion tickets, champagne,flowers for my daughters bday and teen pass)

Room was always clean and had fresh towels 2x a day..stewards were very good and friendly....

Bars all had great service....

Did the Secrets of Puna tour...was fabulous!!!! Certainly took us off the beaten path....(a detailed review in the Hawaii section)

Rented cars in all other ports....they get u in and out very quickly..had no problem with Enterprise in Kona

Did miss the Na Pali coastline..ship has propulsion problems.....

They are still having sewage problems on deck 5

Can smell fuel in several areas...but have found that on other ships...

Entertainment is limited probably because very few people are onboard during the day...nightime entertainment was ok....

For anybody with small children Lydgate beach on Kauai is great...a huge rock wall surrounds the swimming and snorkeling area....the currents are very strong in most places so this was great...also a large playground for them.....snorkeling was very good there.....tons of marine life....

Kids took surfing lessons at the Royal Hawaiian surfing academy in Lahaina....booked that on our own..was $45 for 2 hours.....kids loved it...instructor was top notch

Drove the road car rental agencies tell u no too on Maui...north road on west side of island....was hairy..one lane....no guardrails....very curvy .....not for people who don't like heights....had no idea it was going to be like this until we were miles into it....loved it tho...would not do it again!!

Stayed pre-cruise at the Doubletree...got a military rate of $149 for a 1 bedroom suite on the 17th floor.....hotel was very nice....wasn't chaotic like some we saw...Waikiki is very crowded and very noisy....its like somebody dropped NYC at the beach

Hawaii is amazing......the cruise was great....I can't imagine anyone not enjoying both.....just don't sweat the small stuff....don't let it ruin your vacation....

BTW.....we had our beds put together and only once had one sheet covering them...rest of the time they gave us 2....(don't think it was any sort of discrimination...just ran out of sheets!) Was not a big deal to us....

For all of u a that are getting ready to go.....have the time of your life.....we did!!

Yes, Hawaii is mountainous.... Some of the roads are scary....

I am so happy someone enjoyed their Hawaiian cruise on NCL-America.... I think I will still wait a year or two before doing a Hawaiian cruise though. I think in a couple of years after the Pride of Hawaii is built and placed into commission would be best after having found a dependable well trained crew.

I think a dependable well trained crew is the main flaw right now. It does appear that NCL-America is doing their best to improve the situation. Sailing and working a long time at sea is not everyone's preffered occupation....

Yes, Hawaii is mountainous.... Some of the roads are scary....

I am so happy someone enjoyed their Hawaiian cruise on NCL-America.... I think I will still wait a year or two before doing a Hawaiian cruise though. I think in a couple of years after the Pride of Hawaii is built and placed into commission would be best after having found a dependable well trained crew.

I think a dependable well trained crew is the main flaw right now. It does appear that NCL-America is doing their best to improve the situation. Sailing and working a long time at sea is not everyone's preferred occupation....

Thanks NJDeb for the review. Do you mind me asking which room you had? We are booked for balcony room 10182 at the back of the ship (stern) and I wondered if this room's balcony would also have 4 chairs and a table. That would be nice. Also, thanks for the info on the north road in Maui. I think maybe we will avoid that! Erin

Archived