How to contact Guest Services on Infinity? (lost photos)

Seraphine

Within an hour of getting off the Infinity TA about 3 weeks ago, I realised I left a plastic bag with two 8x11 photos in it somewhere in my cabin.

(yes, I thought I'd double checked everywhere when I'd packed, but I must have missed it somewhere as it wasn't in my bag.)

Because I was so worried that the photos were deleted off the ships' system after each cruise, I went back to the port.

I spoke to security. I filled out forms. Eventually they sent a Guest Services rep (Ana) from the ship, and she took my details as well, with the promise that if she couldn't retrieve them, that they could be reprinted and sent to our home address.

I haven't heard anything since, and I'm worried it's just not going to happen.

Can anyone advise anything? Who do I contact next?

Within an hour of getting off the Infinity TA about 3 weeks ago, I realised I left a plastic bag with two 8x11 photos in it somewhere in my cabin.

(yes, I thought I'd double checked everywhere when I'd packed, but I must have missed it somewhere as it wasn't in my bag.)

Because I was so worried that the photos were deleted off the ships' system after each cruise, I went back to the port.

I spoke to security. I filled out forms. Eventually they sent a Guest Services rep (Ana) from the ship, and she took my details as well, with the promise that if she couldn't retrieve them, that they could be reprinted and sent to our home address.

I haven't heard anything since, and I'm worried it's just not going to happen.

Can anyone advise anything? Who do I contact next?

Hi Seraphine,

I'm a little unsure of my response, as you are in Scotland - but have you contacted your local Celebrity office ? I'd probably start there. Another option might be to email contactmichael@celebrity.com . That's the email address to the office of the President of Celebrity. They have an excellent staff there, and hopefully they can assist, or forward your concern to the proper team.

I sincerely hope you are reunited with your photos. Please keep us posted, and good luck !

Thank you!

I just didn't know where I should start. I know there was only 2 photos, but they were really good ones and I'm gutted they were lost. I know I checked the whole cabin - I looked under beds, I stood on a chair to check the top shelf, all that, but somehow they evading packing. It's really upset everyone and I just need to try to rectify it before they get deleted permanently (if they haven't already).

I just need to try to rectify it before they get deleted permanently (if they haven't already).

But unless the print copies of your photos are found and returned to you, I would not be optimistic that you will be able to purchase reprints post-cruise...

Following is from the FAQ section of Celebrity's US website... The policy has been in effect for as long as I can remember and is often printed in the ship's daily--Celebrity Today--a day or two prior to cruise-end...

-----

Q: Can I still purchase photos taken on board or my sailing's Cruise in Review video post-cruise?

A: Until further notice, Image Photo can no longer accept or process post-cruise orders for Photos or DVDs from Celebrity cruise ships.

-----

Truly sorry... If it's any consolation, I once found a photo that I was looking for more than a year after disembarkation... I had stashed it in a pocket of my luggage and, when I first got home, didn't detect that there was anything in that pocket that needed to be unpacked...

This is why I was so upset - and seriously, I'd been off the ship for an hour before I went back to the port.

Knowing that the system would probably be cleared that day, that's why I asked to please progress past the basic security and try to speak to someone on board. Ana from Guest Services came down and was lovely - I was crying by this point - and said she would find them. I asked her how long it took for the photos to be deleted and she said that they'd still be available.

But I don't know.

Elsewhere on CC I found a post about lost photos, and someone included a link to the photo company on Celebrity. I submitted a query to them and I'm hoping they can help me out. I just really hope there's a way to do this.

But photos aside, is there any way I can send an email to Ana onboard at Guest Services? Just to see if there's anything else I can do? She had seemed so confident she could fix this... I'd just love to talk to her again.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my pictures back! Thank you so much, Ana!

They arrived this morning, after I'd long given up all hope. I'd contacted my TA and asked her to contact the ship, and I contacted the photo company (only to be told the photos would have been deleted almost immediately). Nothing had shown up in Lost and Found, and Celebrity had said there was nothing they could do.

And then finally an envelope came!

I'm overjoyed - it was a small good thing to happen in a very tumultuous time for us, so I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come.

Just wanted to share some excellent service!