Coral Princess Obstructed Cabin E315 05 E622?

etluv2cruise

Hello, need advise regarding cabin choice? We will taking the Panama Canal cruise and understand viewing will be best at the bow. Should we take E315 for shorter walk to the bow of the ship and Horizon Court for convenience of grabbing bites to eat. E 622 is less obstructed with the view, but is close to the rear stairwell area. Any advice will be appreciated. Looking to book the cruise in the next few days.

For the best views while going through the Panama Canal, we suggest you don't stay in one area. Going into the first lock, being out on the bow is the best. Head out to the aft deck (Baha, Caribe, Dolphin, or Emerald) in the second lock and see the view from the rear. In the third lock, be out on one of the sides on the Promenade Deck.

I prefer forward; it seemed more convenient to me on this ship (to everything except the aft laundry room, of course): not just HC but the dining rooms and the Wheelhouse Bar, which is large and very comfy on this ship. Plus, that approach to the Canal is early . . . anything that lessened my "commute" time to the bow deck was welcome! I don't think the view from 315 is that bad; I kind of prefer it because with 622, you might have workers out there on that platform outside the window.

May I ask if you know where and/or how the two upper bunk beds are situated? Are they being suspended from the wall on both side of the cabin?

Our cabin had the capability of accommodating two extra passengers with upper berths, but since there were only two of us we didn't use them. However, they appeared to be flush with the ceiling unless pulled down by the cabin steward for use at night.