Gem 11/15/14

Babs1121

We were very disappointed in the Gem this time that we were on her..We didn't think the food was as good and disappointed with the menu in the Dining Room..Also didn't like that when we were trying to listen to music there was the sound of saws in the background..I don't think they should have been doing renovations like laying new carpet and making new restaurants while we were onboard..

I do feel NCL should have advised passengers, prior to this 15 November 2014 sailing and its final payment date, about the major, originally-drydock-scheduled, renovations that took place aboard ... it was, for example, rather unpleasant being in the Deck 7 Internet area, etc., with major construction noise above -- something one tries to escape by going on a cruise -- and dust floating down :mad:.

On a positive note, I thought the friendliness of the staff was wonderful [albeit, I feel, that in public areas, they should only communicate between themselves, softly, in English (e.g., as mandated on Cunard)].

I found the food to be well and freshly prepared ... perhaps not always with interesting flavors [albeit I appreciated that it was generally not over-salted].

Edited by yrrah

We were very disappointed in the Gem this time that we were on her..We didn't think the food was as good and disappointed with the menu in the Dining Room..Also didn't like that when we were trying to listen to music there was the sound of saws in the background..I don't think they should have been doing renovations like laying new carpet and making new restaurants while we were onboard..

You could have replied to one of the other threads on the same topic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130717

No real need to start another Thread.. Mods please shut this one down.

Maybe it would have been nice to know that they were working on the ship ahead of time but we would have gone anyway. The huge upside was that the ship was not full. I'll take a smaller crowd and no waiting any day. Staff and fellow passengers were very friendly. We had a nice time.

Thought the food and menus were better than past cruises.