My review Aug 13, Pride of AM

Tom1234

my husband and I are booked on the Oct. 22 cruise on the Pride of America. We have cruised only one other time and that was on Holland America. I'm feeling a little nervous about the situation on the new ship. Have been to Hawaii numerous times, but wanted to see the islands from a different perspective. Give me some "good Vibrations!"

my husband and I are booked on the Oct. 22 cruise on the Pride of America. We have cruised only one other time and that was on Holland America. I'm feeling a little nervous about the situation on the new ship. Have been to Hawaii numerous times, but wanted to see the islands from a different perspective. Give me some "good Vibrations!"

PRIDE OF AMERICA is an amazing ship, and you can't beat Hawaii as a beautiful destination. Not everything is going to be perfect, but it's not even with the best of cruise lines. If NCL America just gets the crew situation under wraps they will have a real winner on their hands.

I took a 2-night preview cruise on PRIDE OF AMERICA out of Los Angeles. I was so impressed I booked a 7-night cruise. You can have a look at the review from this link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=11787

Remember, there are thousands of passengers that have sailed PRIDE OF AMERICA and had a fabulous time. You usually don't hear from them. When people have a problem, that's when they write. Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is.

Ernie

Hi Tom,

Was wondering if you used the ships helicpoter tour in Hilo or you booked your own. Also what time did the ship dock in Hilo. I contacted Safarai Air, but they would not give me a tour before 11:30 becuase they said the ship is always very late coming in. We leave this week, So I appreicate your reply.

Thanks,

Sweet Annie.

Hi Tom,

Was wondering if you used the ships helicpoter tour in Hilo or you booked your own. Also what time did the ship dock in Hilo. I contacted Safarai Air, but they would not give me a tour before 11:30 becuase they said the ship is always very late coming in. We leave this week, So I appreicate your reply.

Thanks,

Sweet Annie.

Hi Sweet Annie, we took the Safari Helicopter Tour in Kaui not on the big island of Hawaii. We took it the first day there (Kaui) 9:30am flight.

We did have it scheduled the second day in Kaui, but the ship changed times on us and now leaves Kaui on Friday at 3 or 4 pm .

The ship now gets into Kaui at 8am the frist day Thursday. Safari was excellent, well run company, and they video tape your flight live. You can purchase at the end. Pilot Bill was great. Yes we were two hours late coming into Hilo.

So would book a tour through the cruise to be safe if you want to do something at Hilo.

Kaui is #1 choice for copter tours, I think more to see.

Napali Coast from the air is great.

Have a great time:

Aloha,

Tom

So here is the thing. Im planning to propose to my girlfriend soon (whom ive known my whole life) and ive been trying to think of the perfect place

I would not choose to have the memories I have from our trip on the Pride of America 7/30 -8/6 (see my review) for my "engagement" trip. I was married on Maui 21 years ago and have been there 5 times since. There are so many great resorts in Hawaii - Kapalua Bay Hotel, Maui Prince, Hyatt on Kanapaali Beach (all on Maui) that are absolutely wonderful. After crusing Hawaii and staying on 4 islands, and day trips to 2 others, you really can't go wrong.

bnjbnj

(Nanette)

Archived