E-mail Bombardment

Jenhem31

Hello,

We just booked our first Princess cruise on Thursday. Since then, I have received several "Important information regarding your booking" emails. Every day, two yesterday. They are all the same exact email. It just contains my booking info, but with 116 days to go, I have no idea why I need a daily reminder from Princess.

Is this normal?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually those come when there has been a change of some sort to either the itinerary, embarkation dock / times, etc etc.

Are you sure that it didn't have any info different than your original paperwork?

As to getting multiples, yes that happens at times, especially when they REALLY want to make sure you see the information.

Yes, positive. Our payment went thru fine, it's just a 4 day cruise with 1 port. I've read every one and I swear they're the same info! Oh well, I could have bigger problems than getting daily reminders of my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice! We had an email blast about a dock change on the recent Emerald TA where we all got about 10 copies of the email. Then a day or so later there was another blast of emails saying the first email was a mistake and to never mind.

Its all good. I have no problem being reminded I am about to be on a cruise :)

Usually you'll get an email from the captain as well as ones about shore excursions being available, about dining, and about entertainment. Plus they'll send you an "emergency" one about staggered boarding and when you should plan to arrive at the berth, but many of us ignore that and arrive earlier.

You might also get move-over offers (we did get one for our last cruise, but we ignored that one as we couldn't change our sailing date).

If you have added anything such as Internet packages, you'll get a receipt.

The only other email we got before our last cruise (that I can think of) was asking us for our flight/hotel info for our transfer. As we live about an hour's drive from the port, we certainly didn't need or want a transfer so I had to call Princess about that.

Our cruise is about 75 days out and we just got an email from the captain looking forward to greeting us when we board. Have got the same exact email for the last 3 days.

Isn't that nice that the captain is so eager to meet you? LOL.

I recently got a few emails about a change in our Regal Princess sailing in March. After carefully reading it we noted that the Regal would also be arriving in port 1 hour earlier on the last day (from 8 am to 7 am).