sugar free dining

Lachase

There are some sugar free desserts in the main dining room, but they do taste very rich to me and very delicious, so I am thinking that the fat content may be high. I don't know, but even if something is sugar free, it may still be higher in calories. There were also sugar free desserts at the lido buffet, and were similarly very tasty, but again, not sure if they are all that lite in calories.

In general, I found the food, regardless where on board, to be very good on the Freedom this time. The crew on this ship were fantastic, always smiling and seemed to be happy. Enjoy your cruise, this is a really good ship IMO.:)

I can't eat sugar. Am I going to starve? Going to be on Freedom; suggestions?

Totally doable! I've done it before easy peasy not eating white carbs, including sugar. It's sad but, lol, doable. Meals are easy with a grilled protein and veggies, even pasta. The wait staff is very good so just mention it on Day 1!

Sugar free is not necessarily "sugar free." Those so called sugar free desserts have carbohydrates in them which turns to sugar after you eat them. You're okay with the sugar free mousses, but not the sugar free cakes/muffins/breads. There's plenty of salad makings available but stay away from the sugary dressings like French, Thousand Island, and the Balsamic dressings.

You won't starve to death, you just gotta pick the low carb food items. You can't go wrong with fish/chicken/beef/eggs, etc., steamed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans.

Be sure to walk every where you go, stay off the elevators and take the stairs.