One of the coolest videos I have seen

Severus

I agree the video is great but I worry about some nut job Middle Eastern jihadist getting hold of one of these machines and doing some damage. We live in a crazy world.

I am not, this is a phantom 2 quadcopter the payload is tiny. The only thing that they could carry to do "damage" could be firecrackers or a GoPro camera. But I agree that they can turn anything into something dangerous from a pencil to a computer but we can't live in fear all the time.... which is what they want.

I am not, this is a phantom 2 quadcopter the payload is tiny. The only thing that they could carry to do "damage" could be firecrackers or a GoPro camera. But I agree that they can turn anything into something dangerous from a pencil to a computer but we can't live in fear all the time.... which is what they want.

Totally agree about the payload and not living in fear but I think its all about mitigation. As these things become more popular and cheaper (and bigger) I also worry about a kid thinking it would be cool to film a jet taking off from an airport and either causing a collision or a crash because the pilot is distracted during a critical time in-flight. I see nothing but problems with these things due to irresponsible operators or someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Totally agree about the payload and not living in fear but I think its all about mitigation. As these things become more popular and cheaper (and bigger) I also worry about a kid thinking it would be cool to film a jet taking off from an airport and either causing a collision or a crash because the pilot is distracted during a critical time in-flight. I see nothing but problems with these things due to irresponsible operators or someone with a chip on their shoulder.

These things are GPS assisted and from what I heard the new systems (the ones you see more and more) wont let you fly into a "no fly zone" or highly limit what you can do (like altitude and so on). If you can only see problems with "these things" check this video.

is just one story but they are proven to be more and more usefull and benefitial than being a problem.

These things are GPS assisted and from what I heard the new systems (the ones you see more and more) wont let you fly into a "no fly zone" or highly limit what you can do (like altitude and so on). If you can only see problems with "these things" check this video.

is just one story but they are proven to be more and more usefull and benefitial than being a problem.

Having one of these in the hands of a firefighter or a cop is a bit different than being in the hands of a kid.

If there are technological safeguards that can't be defeated then I'm all in.