UDP - Getaway - Questions

westcoasttech

I've booked the dining package for my upcoming Getaway cruise (unfortunately I missed the offer where it was included with the booking). The NCL site mentions that it includes complimentary entrance to the Illusionarium (sp?) on the first night. However when I go to the planner I don't have the option for the Illusionarium on embarkation day. I presume there is a limit to the number of seats available for that first night, so wonder if it is just booked up (though it does not say that anywhere). If it is booked up, do I get credited for another night, or am I just out of luck??

Also, hyperthetically, the description of the package seems to imply that you can dine at the speciality restaurants multiple times - it does not say just one "entrance fee" to each. So can you go to Cagney's or the Teppenyaki, say, every night (presuming you would want to and you can get in,)? It's been a while since I've been on NCL, more recently I've been an RCCL cruiser, where their dining packages are specifically one visit to each speciality - so maybe I'm overthinking this... Anybody know?

Not only can you go to the same specialty restaurant multiple times, but you can also go to multiple restaurants in the same night if that's what you'd like to do. For example, perhaps an early dinner before the show and then coffee and dessert in a different restaurant afterwards. Or, if the appetite is there, full meals before and after.

Not only can you go to the same specialty restaurant multiple times, but you can also go to multiple restaurants in the same night if that's what you'd like to do. For example, perhaps an early dinner before the show and then coffee and dessert in a different restaurant afterwards. Or, if the appetite is there, full meals before and after.

If I am reading this correctly. It sounds like you are saying you can really go to more than 1 restaurant per evening. So it does not only offer you 7 nights of dining it offers you unlimited times for dining? For you or anyone else that has gotten and used the UDP could you please let me know if this is how it works. Also, does it cover the added charge at LeBistro for the chefs special?

Thank you in advance. We are cruising in 30+ days and want to make my decision if for us it will be worth it. I know we are not cruising on the Getaway but I would think this will pertain to all ships. We will be on the SUN if that makes a difference.

Edited by NJLVW

If I am reading this correctly. It sounds like you are saying you can really go to more than 1 restaurant per evening. So it does not only offer you 7 nights of dining it offers you unlimited times for dining? For you or anyone else that has gotten and used the UDP could you please let me know if this is how it works. Also, does it cover the added charge at LeBistro for the chefs special?

Yes, you read my post correctly. I don't know about a chef's special. However, there is a $10 charge for an additional entree at Le Bistro or Cagney's.

Here is a link to the full FAQs for the Ultimate Dining Package:

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Edited by johnql

Yes, you read my post correctly. I don't know about a chef's special. However, there is a $10 charge for an additional entree at Le Bistro or Cagney's.

Here is a link to the full FAQs for the Ultimate Dining Package:

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Thank you. It does sound worth while. Not that we need to go to more than 1 restaurant in a day but at least I know I have the option. Lol

Thank you. It does sound worth while. Not that we need to go to more than 1 restaurant in a day but at least I know I have the option. Lol

Maybe not 2 full meals at 2 different restaurants, but I would definitely examine the menus carefully because you might prefer the desserts from a different restaurant. That way, you could have most of dinner in one restaurant and go to the second restaurant for dessert.

Maybe not 2 full meals at 2 different restaurants, but I would definitely examine the menus carefully because you might prefer the desserts from a different restaurant. That way, you could have most of dinner in one restaurant and go to the second restaurant for dessert.

You would be hard pressed to do two meals in one night. Everywhere except Le Bistro we didn't even get dessert, let alone another meal!

But the UDP and the UBP are worth it. You pay in advance and not have to worry about a large OB charge at the end. (we only add'l tips, which we did small add'l tips per round) But had a couple of glasses of wine with our dinners, had several frozen drinks throughout the day, and had After Dinner Liquors, then we went out and did a few more drinks throughout the evening. In the future I plan on buying the UDP, and the UBP where it is available.