Post cruise day rooms on Tahiti

Jake84

Since you are off the cruise ship by mid-morning- I had a few questions about the day rooms on Tahiti. Which hotels, how much are they, are they worth the money, do they allow 2 couples to use one room? If you don't get a day room, what do you do all day? I assume I will have atleast my carry on with me. If I do a post cruise Tahiti excursion with RSSC, where do they leave you after the 3 hrs??

You do not need to get off the ship by mid-morning. They have a bloody Mary party and buffet lunch on the last day. In July, we were "finally" off the ship ~2pm.

If you purchase the air through RSSC and have no post-cruise hotel, RSSC will put you up in the new Radisson hotel for the day (free). Our friends were there and love the black sand beach, and did not share the day room with other people.

We purchase 2 days post cruise in ICB through RSSC, so we were transport to the hotel ~2pm.

If you did not purchase the air through RSSC, then no day room for you, but you can stay on the ship until after lunch.

Just returned from Tahiti - two busloads were accomodated with day rooms at the Radisson Plaza following the island tour. If you didn't take the island tour, you could go directly to the hotel at noon, but the dayrooms weren't ready yet. You could stow your stuff and sit on the beach or at the pool while you waited.

The Radisson Plaza was a nice hotel, and we had a very nice room [with a two person jacuzzi on the deck overlooking the beach and sunset]. We stayed overnight, as our flight back to JFK was on Sunday, and made the mistake of eating at the restaurant, which had a buffet with entertainment on Saturday night. The entertainment was great, but the food was awful, and after a week on the boat, being charged $5 for a bottle of water was almost worse than being charged $70 for the mediocre buffet. The black sand beach is lovely, but you get covered with black sand and feel dirty!

Hi, if we had it to do over again we would bypass the island tour(it was very boring and the guide was terrible)and go directly to the Radisson. FYI if you go to the right and walk down the beach there is a locals hangout, bar and restaurant. We had a Hinano(local beer)fun place. Jeanine

P.S. if you don't have Tahiti money they take US dollars

Hi David,

Sorry I never got to meet you on the cruise. I was so busy before I left and I when I got to the ship I was confused about who was who from Cruise Critic. I hope you had a wonderful time. I wish I was still there :)

Did you have any trouble with the service at the Radisson? We had a bunch of trouble with the service/staff. We missed the staff on the PG!

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy - we looked for you at tea a couple of times. Finally met Jan and Kathy on the last day, because my wife went on an excursion with them and came back telling me about the newlyweds who were doing a back-to-back. They had a great time, and they're still there - sigh. We loved it.

David

I was at tea for a little while on Sunday and we actually did go up to someone and ask if they were from Cruise Critic and they had no idea what we were talking about, so then we were hesitant to ask other people. Of course, I didn't meet anyone who wasn't friendly, so we should have asked around more.As far as I know, I didn't meet anyone from Cruise Critic. The excursions we did were: Tues was the shark and ray feeding, Wed was the Land and Sea Safari, Thurs was Lagoon Snorkeling Discovery Tour and on Friday we did the Aito Off Road 4x4 tour. Loved them all.

The Radisson was lovely, but the service was very erratic and amateurish. I actually liked the food, although I admit we didn't eat there after the cruise, we've been on land in FP before, so know what to expect food-wise. Agree that the drink prices were atrocious--we went to a grocery store and bought water and Hinano.

We were there 2 nights pre-cruise as well as the day-room post-cruise. The black sand beach and the sunsets made it all worthwhile. And they do have a shower by the beach entrance to wash your feet. ;)

Jake,

Tracey and I just returned from our Honeymoon B2B and stayed the afternoon on Saturday at the Radisson. Each of us had seperate rooms, although there was a difference in the rooms that each couple got. Some had jacuzzis, some had two-room suites, and we had an elegant one-room suite. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to who had which, I assumed that it was a matter of Raddison filling what was available. This was completely fine with us. No matter the style of room, each was elegant and all had some form of balcony overlooking the beach and water.

The pool and public lounges I thought were very nice. In addition to the beach, there is an infiniti pool where you could enjoy the sun and water without the hassle of more sand.

We ate lunch on board at the noon buffet but had dinner at the restaurant at the Radisson that evening. The service wasn't up to the PG's standards (slow and unattentive). We ordered cheesburgers, nice size and delicious...however, our dinner mates' chicken pannini (sp) had the toast a bit burned.

As for drinks, our friends had a couple of bottles of champagne saved from onboard that we dispensed with on their balcony.

Chrissy,

Sorry we didn't run into you...for reference sake, Tracey and I were the one's on the obnoxious pink and green floating lounges at the Motu.

For anyone going on the PG, we would strongly recommend going to Walmart and buying a couple cheap floating lounges (the $2.99 type work very well). They were probably the best purchase for the trip. Nothing beats idlely floating on the water, under the warm rays of the Polynesian sun, with a cold drink in hand (except possibly staying two weeks and doing it all over again.)

Jan

Archived