MSC Copenhagen disembarkation

kerryincork

Hi All.

I recently booked a summer cruise leaving and returning from Copenhagen. I did this by phone. I got the cruise information and it says my ship will doc at 12pm in Copenhagen but my flights are at 3 PM and 4.30pm. Do MSC ships normally dock at this time? My last port of call is St. Petersburg. What is the disembarkation like? Will I be able to catch our flights? Would it help if I booked a transfer from ship With MSC?

Nervously,

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kerry,

I have recently disembarked in Copenhagen (but on NCL), and they are very well set up there. They have cabs waiting for the ship, as well as the cruise line transfer busses. And, if you end up sailing in a bit earlier than 12 or if your flight ends up delayed, they even have a blue line painted on the sidewalk, that people follow walking if they want to catch trains to the airport. The closest train stop is about a 15 minute walk, and you buy the tickets down at the 7-11, before going up to the train platform.

As far as MSC, if you sign up to do the self-assist for debarkation (where you keep all of your luggage w/ you + take it off the ship yourself), you'll be in the earliest group to leave the ship.

It seems like you'll be ok w/ the flights that you have. Unless the airline requires a really early check-in.

One other thing to check is this site, just to be sure that there aren't any/many other ships coming in close to the same time as yours:

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Denmark/145-Copenhagen