Enchantment or Liberty with Kids?

kpd21880

We have cruised with RCI many times but never with our son. We are considering our first "family" cruise (he is 3) and are comparing the Enchantment 3 nights vs Liberty 4 nights. The cost of Liberty is about 40% more. Worth it because of all the kids activities and splash pad? Or should we go with the lower cost Enchantment? I'd appreciate any advice!

Edited by kpd21880

We did our first cruise on Grandeur with our son, who was almost 4, and he had a blast. There was plenty for him to do with pool and kids club. Assuming your son is potty trained, I would consider Enchantment, and use the savings to bump up to a bigger room - a JS or GS, if you can afford it. We did a GS, and it had Sony PS3, so we brought some of his videos to watch every night. The priority embark and disembark was fantastic perk as waiting with a little one can be difficult. Both JS and GS have tubs, so did not need to deal with shower issue. Also, and this was huge for us, the MDR was too overwhelming for our son - too many people, too loud, so with GS, you can order off full MDR menu for room service, so if your son is overwhelmed or just a bit tired (the sea air, excitement, and pool wore our little guy out so much, he started taking late naps again while we were on the ship), you can still enjoy a nice meal in your cabin.

I cannot discount Liberty - it has way more to offer, and we booked Freedom next year, so great choice too! But don't feel that you need to take the bigger ship for first cruise...

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app