New Internet options on Dream, Freedom, Magic, Glory?

AlphaB13

Or I saw on one of the boards iPhone or iPad iMessage? That would be great deal $25 and you can keep in touch

Yes, the social plan gives you access to Facebook (including messenger), instagram, and a few other "social" apps. It also allows iMessage for texting between iOS devices (regular text will not work). It's great for keeping in touch while at sea. Performance was great back in November. And priced just right, even if you need multiple accounts.

"New" internet plan was on the Breeze when I sailed Jan 11-17. Worked pretty well but I had a problem with VOIP. I bought the $99 premium.

No issues with heavy email use and sites running Flash.

Hope its on the Magic in March as I really need internet when I cruise.

"New" internet plan was on the Breeze when I sailed Jan 11-17. Worked pretty well but I had a problem with VOIP. I bought the $99 premium.

No issues with heavy email use and sites running Flash.

Hope its on the Magic in March as I really need internet when I cruise.

Did Skype phone calls (not video) work on any of the packages. Normally I go into port to make skype phone calls via wifi.

See the attached jpegs for the internet plans and pricing on Freedom.

It's good, but we were hoping for the on ship texting plan, but I don't see it. These links were great, but they didn't mention the text plan, did it? I thought it was $25 for the cruise and didn't it also include the online Fun Times?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sueasselstine, What site was that on? I am asking because I am interested in the Hub app and I am wondering if anyone has heard when it will roll out to the fleet, specifically the Glory.

Thanks!!

When we were on Freedom last month, the $99 plan was the Premium option. It provided access to all Internet, including streaming media and Skype. That was the major difference between the Basic ($60) and Premium ($99) -- streaming video and audio. They didn't offer the 50% off to us, but that would be nice. You can use as many devices as you want, but only 1 can connect at a time. So device 1 has to log off before device 2 can logon. Your user credentials were your portfolio number and birthdate. We did the social plans to keep the kids happy and it worked great. But since we had 4 teens that ALL had to be connected at the same time, we had to purchase it 4 times. Still $100 well spent to keep them happy (and quiet)!

I agree with this. It was the same as in November. I chose basic for 60.00, because I wanted to stay in touch with elderly parents at home, and they are just only able to basic emails, not into facebook and the like. It worked fine for me. I used my tablet in my stateroom mostly and it was quite fast.

Sueasselstine, What site was that on? I am asking because I am interested in the Hub app and I am wondering if anyone has heard when it will roll out to the fleet, specifically the Glory.

Thanks!!

It was on another site, cruisin dot me. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this!

Edited by sueasselstine

How will this work with a smart phone? As long as we are connected to this plan on our cell phone, will that mean we shouldn't get any big cell phone bills? I am nervous about even having our cell phones on and what my teenage son might utilize while we are on ship or in the ports. I know he will want to use snap chat and instagram, and it would be nice for our families to be able to text while on different parts of the ship but I don't want to come home to a huge cell bill.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, no new internet package on the Glory. I paid $89 for 240 minutes. We had an aft balcony on the 8th floor, and it was REALLY slow there. I probably wasted almost half my minutes waiting for things to load. Really annoying.

I don't think it was your location. We were on the Lido deck with an access point right out side our door and it was super slow for us too. It reminded me of the old dial up days. This was our first trip on the Glory and we were not impressed with the food, service or ship. We have had some great trips on the Magic. I think we are heading back to the Magic this summer.

I don't think it was your location. We were on the Lido deck with an access point right out side our door and it was super slow for us too. It reminded me of the old dial up days. This was our first trip on the Glory and we were not impressed with the food, service or ship. We have had some great trips on the Magic. I think we are heading back to the Magic this summer.

I agree with you. Before this, we cruised on the Liberty twice in a row. It was like night and day, I really didn't like the Glory much at all. And if I had to listen to that Good Morning song one more time, I was going to lose it!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if the $99 is worth it verse the $60 plan. I'll be on the Freedom and have to do a discussion board post for my graduate school by a certain date. Anyone do the $60 plan and think the plan would be too slow to accomplish this?

• 1 month later...

you probably all need to turn off noticifactions from apps so that it doesnt use the whole wifi plan each time trying to down load your facebook notifications, updates on all your other apps etc I turn off the data and cellular but leave my phone on to take pics I get the $59 120min package on the magic so I can get my facebook fix and post a pic or two each day.

Bump for most recent prices for the Internet on Magic, anyone just get off the boat and know?

We just got off of the Magic on Sunday and it was .75 a minute and then they have other price plans. No unlimited though and the internet was very slow.