What would you do to improve DD?

steveru621

Just got off yesterday, I can verify there are two lines. That really doesn't help because they couldn't sit those with reservations so were turning away people without reservations. The no reservation line was empty, and the reservation line at different restaurants at many moments extended back to the elevators -- maybe 100-150 people on line at a time.

What I think would help:

1. Target 90 minutes for dinner (as OP stated), which means the waiter needs to be at the table reasonably fast, take orders, deliver food on time (which would solve the cold food issue too).

2. Bring back the assistant waiter so #1 can be achieved

3. Bring back bar service so #1 can be achieved

4. Fix the reservation system so that there is less confusion at hostess station

if they can reduce their table turn around they will not have the back up they experienced last week, and not so many angry and upset people.

The focus will turn to the quality of the food and boring menus vs the lack of service.

This is discouraging to hear that we may have to wait in line when we have a reservation! Was this later on in the evening? All of our times are at 545 or 6pm so I'm hoping we won't have to deal with this.

This is discouraging to hear that we may have to wait in line when we have a reservation! Was this later on in the evening? All of our times are at 545 or 6pm so I'm hoping we won't have to deal with this.

We had the same dining hours as you on our 11 day cruise and dined at all the DD venues and never had to wait in any lines on any nights. RCI has added crew to the ship since our cruise to help with the service issues and by the time of your cruise they'll have had 3 months to work out many of the problems you've read about.

If you already have your reservations made you've done all that you can do, besides confirming them after you board. So don't let all these horror stories discourage you and steal your pre cruise excitement:)

We made all of our restaurant reservations for 5:45pm. The closest thing that we ran into that might be called a line is at one restaurant about 10 people were standing in front of the check-in as we walked up. But, within one minute the entire group went in to one large table and we went in right after for our table.