Spa Pass on Sunshine

CBeachMom

Carnival assigned us to a cabin on Deck 12 of the Sunshine. The notation says that we are not entitled to the Spa amenities because we didn't book a "spa cabin".

How much are the spa passes for the day or week?

Also, is it worth it on the Sunshine since they don't have a Thalassotherapy Pool?

What areas of of the spa are available to the public and which are reserved for those who actually booked a spa cabin?

I was on the Sunshine in Feb and stayed in a spa cabin. We REALLY enjoyed our spa cabin on the Dream and expected the Sunshine to be the same experience. It wasn't.

We had an interior room and it was TINY. We enjoy interiors on other ships, but this room was noticeably smaller than any previous interior. The decor and amenities of spa cabins are upgraded, which is nice, but those interiors on the Sunshine are teeny tiny.

You're right about the TPool. There isn't one on Sunshine. IMO that's the biggest, best reason to get a spa cabin. We were disappointed for sure.

The thermal suite is nice, but that's about the only thing the spa cabin will get you in the spa. You do get two yoga classes included, but I always forget to use them.

You still have access to the steam rooms in the locker rooms, and the gym.

If we had it to do over, we would not get a spa cabin on the Sunshine. On other ships, yes, but not on the Sunshine.

The Spa has steam rooms and heated loungers.

I believe the cost is $149 per guest or $249 per couple-same cabin- per week. Just for the use of the thermal rooms, and maybe a fitness class.

There aren't any "open (non-pay for spa use)" or "restricted (spa paid use only)" areas. But everyone on board has access to the gym and the locker rooms. The locker room area has men and women's saunas.

I was on the Sunshine in Feb and stayed in a spa cabin. We REALLY enjoyed our spa cabin on the Dream and expected the Sunshine to be the same experience. It wasn't.

We had an interior room and it was TINY. We enjoy interiors on other ships, but this room was noticeably smaller than any previous interior. The decor and amenities of spa cabins are upgraded, which is nice, but those interiors on the Sunshine are teeny tiny. .

this is an inside cabin on sunshine (i thought the inside cabins were all the same size.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineMay17/01Barcelona/5-17-2013-2/DSC_7424_Zyde.jpg

i think the coloring and all walls being the same size added to the feeling of it being smaller.

compared to:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/debra919/Facebook/Carnival%20Pride%20Cruise%20to%20Nowhere%2011212/527337_4487586101579_71341167_n.jpg

In was assigned a spa cabin on the Sunshine in Oct and read the same thing you did. However i received the spa package for nothing, Dont know if it was a mistake but just go to the spa and get a bracelet for the spa.

I am confused reading this...we went on the Glory in Feb 2014 and thought that all the spa things were free. Is it not that way on the Sunshine? I was hoping to do a few yoga classes and use the steam room. :(

Yoga classes were never free.

Some ships have a true spa that costs extra

Sunshine has the steam room for free.