Vista in Galveston...?

talkorpi

I have heard countess times in the countless speculation forums that Vista is most likely to be based in Galveston. Can someone please help me clear this up or provide it with a source? I don't want this to happen, cruises here are already ridiculously expensive and if the Vista comes here they are obviously going to raise prices drastically, right? Or am I just crazy... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Galveston has my vote, but nobody knows for sure. Nearly everyone at Carnival has no knowledge of the homeport. I've always been rooting for Corpus Christi though. ;):p

Dude, I'm like a huge Corpus supporter. It's probably unrealistic, but oh well :rolleyes:

Edited by talkorpi

It just seems logical to me that they would put their new ship where they are commanding the highest prices. Galveston has my vote.

I brought the Magic over from Barcelona to Galveston on her inaugural TA. By adding a third ship (Freedom) and replacing the Conquest/Ecstasy with the Magic/Triumph, it is clear to me Carnival is committed to Galveston and Galveston is committed to Carnival because Carnival was loyal at a time none others were.

I support Galveston.

I want Galveston to give up Freedom or Magic and put them to use elsewhere. I personally think they will get rid of magic, put it in Everglades, and then put the Conquest on 4/5/7 day cruises from Charleston or something.

The high price surge won't last forever. It will also lower the prices of the Freedom if Vista went. And once the Vista becomes "old" (and I mean old like Magic was forgotten when Breeze stepped into the fleet) it will be a huge ship, lots of rooms, with nice prices waiting for passengers to pay.

Galveston would make a great home for it! I would love to see it happen!

I support Galveston.

I want Galveston to give up Freedom or Magic and put them to use elsewhere. I personally think they will get rid of magic, put it in Everglades, and then put the Conquest on 4/5/7 day cruises from Charleston or something.

The high price surge won't last forever. It will also lower the prices of the Freedom if Vista went. And once the Vista becomes "old" (and I mean old like Magic was forgotten when Breeze stepped into the fleet) it will be a huge ship, lots of rooms, with nice prices waiting for passengers to pay.

Galveston would make a great home for it! I would love to see it happen!

Of course prices will drop a little after the ship has been in service. However, it certainly won't drop as low as the $28 per day cruises out of Long Beach.