Quickie gem review 12/1

hbooden

My husband and I were first time cruisers so we have nothing to compare this to 😜 but here is a quick review for all those first timers!

We loved our trip! Honestly. We booked this when it was a 9 day and were lucky to be upgraded to a 12 night.

Sailing out of nyc I don't think there is a better port to sail out of. Even though it was December it was warm enough to be deck side and watch the city go by. Amazing.

We didn't do many shows but what we did see was great.

Favorite bar? Ended up being the atrium bar. Marisol was a great bar tender. She's only on until feb and then going to the star after a vacation. She was great. I used the Bali hai bar too (I smoke). It was ok. My only beef? As a former server/bartender I hate being up sold without my permission. Petty but true. My husband wanted a margarita he was given an ultimate (they do taste different and if he wanted ultimate he would have asked). Then I ordered (different day) an absolute Bloody Mary. I was given a grey goose. I love some goose but it's wasted in a Bloody Mary. Not a huge deal...I am just saying watch that you are getting what you order 😄

Dinners were fine actually the strip steak was amazing in the main dining room (I had it a few times). We also did the buffet for some dinners cause we didn't want to be fancy at dinner. Buffet was always good. Not blown away usually but it was good. Dining room service was hit or miss. Never was horrible but was not anything to write home about. Maybe the fact that most staff were so amazing made the so so dining room service stand out more? Again nothing to complain about but nothing to gush about either:) we did have one dinner at moderno and I highly recommend. Service was fantastic. Salad bar was great and meat was just delish.

Overall we enjoyed. I just mainly wanted to thank cruise critic. I knew to order the chocolate croissants every day with our morning pot of coffee! And I knew a few more tricks thanks to reading here!

If anyone has any questions ask away!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app