Quantum Obstructed View Balcony Deck 6

Jimmers

Having looked at the deck plans a bit closer I think we will be ok, like I say for the price we've paid it'll be fine. Thanks everyone x

What can the difference in price be? a couple hundred $$$. switch cabins with a D8 category if available, We like the views off the balcony hence booking a balcony stateroom, Don't let something like $200 stand between you and a great vacation with great views.

I have cabin views of 6160 if anyone wants to post them for me. I can email/send them text message. I'm on the sailing currently as well :D

Thanks so much for the pictures. There is hardly any obstruction at all. Made up!

Jo

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I just booked an obstructed balcony on the Anthem for next year. Our room is 6212. How do you find out the percentages of obstruction? I let the Royal Caribbean rep select this room for me but he told me nothing of percentages and said we would be able to look out but not down. He said lifeboats are located on deck 5. I think he gave me wrong information here. Thanks.

Hi, I just booked an obstructed balcony on the Anthem for next year. Our room is 6212. How do you find out the percentages of obstruction? I let the Royal Caribbean rep select this room for me but he told me nothing of percentages and said we would be able to look out but not down. He said lifeboats are located on deck 5. I think he gave me wrong information here. Thanks.

I don't believe lifeboats will be as far forward as 6212, but go to Royal's UK site, find a cruise with that cabin open, and look at the cabin details.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got back, had 6590 which was 50% o/v and was better than we expected. When we booked, it was less expensive than an interior. First time we had a balcony and loved it!!! Love my travel agent for finding this gem!

Thanks for this very specific info. Will be in 6590 in the Singapore-Shanghai June trip. Apparently, "guaranteed oceanview" can be upgraded to an obstructed balcony room.

Thanks for this very specific info. Will be in 6590 in the Singapore-Shanghai June trip. Apparently, "guaranteed oceanview" can be upgraded to an obstructed balcony room.

You will have a guaranteed ocean view, just with some lifeboat in it. [emoji571]

That is indeed an upgrade. I enjoyed 6566, including spending time on the balcony in the nice fresh air and having the extra space the balcony affords. [emoji299]

All that being said, I'm sure Royal could find someone to fall for their upgrade scam if you refused it. [emoji33] [emoji100]

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I booked this cruise for departure next month 14 months ago (ie. as soon as it came out!) and was quite amazed at the small increase in prize to get a balcony. How naive I was thinking it was a special launch offer! We did our first cruise two years ago in an inside cabin and I felt so jealous of the cabin on the other side with the view that I was over the moon at the prospect of a sea view. We were on deck 6 last time too and no obvious obstruction but of course a different ship.

If it wasn't for this thread, I would have been massively dissapointed to find out (as I now have!) that the cabin was one of the worse obstruction wise. To add to it, it looked like it was just above the smoking area and close to the 370 so worried about the noise at night. It really got to me last night so this morning decided to go for an upgrade. Of course not over the moon with the extra cost, but I feel so happy again that I will have my sea view seating down!

A word of caution, I called for an upgrade and was offered a room on deck 7 for the additional cost. I knew that some cabins on deck 7 were still obstructed so asked the guy to absolutely confirm that there were no life boats under. It's only then that he put me on hold and came back to say that indeed, there would be a bit of an obstruction so offered another cabin with a promise of no boats under. A bit too close to the elevators to my liking, but according to the Quantum plan, the last boat is indeed a couple of cabins away and I will certainly be camping on the balcony now that I paid the extra, so away from the noise of elevators (and the kids!).