Are There any Positives about Carnival Legend

Hi Long Time Member 1st Time asking has anyone got any good things to say about Carnival legend because all Iam reading are negative Reviews. I know any cruise is what you make of it but just a little worried by all the bad things said .Thank for your input

Hi Long Time Member 1st Time asking has anyone got any good things to say about Carnival legend because all Iam reading are negative Reviews. I know any cruise is what you make of it but just a little worried by all the bad things said .Thank for your input

never cruised with Carnival but i've heard good reports about their ships but i never bother about reviews becuse people have different opinions

hi, Beagle24

I was on the Legend mid Nov and there were a lot of different comments being made. Regarding eg. people saying there were a lot of (Ferreals on board) There was a lot of different age groups and a lot of families. Also there was a fair bit of drinking but I would say by no means over the top like a lot of the posts have been saying etc.

I personally think a lot of the being making these comments in their reviews etc are older people expecting a quiet cruise like (Princess) I am in my mid 50'S and enjoyed the ship It is like on land if you go and look for trouble you will find it. (I did witness one incident

in the adults only area at the bathrobe party where a drink got thrown and an argument broke out. The security staff were right on the situation.Just keep in mind that a lot of children will be on there using the water slides etc. All the time I was on the pool deck never really saw any one running wild etc. A lot were complaing about the décor etc. (no one can change that so why grizzle about it.) Overall I found the ship good and the cabins great and staff great.

Hope this helps.

Regards Zanny

Sorry, no Carnival experience here but any specific cruise can be good or bad, it isn't always the ship or the cruise line in general.

If you have already booked on Legend then go & have a great time, chances are you will not experience many or any of the negative things said in reviews if you aren't the sort of person who gets into trouble yourself.

But having said that cruise lines do have a reputation for being a certain style of cruise that can attract in general specific demographics of people.

HAL for example is known to attract more seniors.

Celebrity is considered more upmarket with a focus on refinement & doesn't actively seek to attract families in it's marketing.

Royal is seen as having something for everyone so tends to attract a mixed crowd but with more middle aged passengers I have found.

Carnival/ P&O is seen as being more affordable cruise lines that cater for the younger crowd & families.

But no individual cruise is guaranteed to be what the general consensus is about a cruise line. Good or bad. :)

I went on the Carnival Legend 6 December for 10 night cruise. Just two of us aged 49.

We enjoyed it but found nothing much appealed to us in the way of Daytime activities. Nights were fantastic. The shows were great and comedy club good.

Our cruise was the one at start of private school holidays so found most people were families probably aged 40-45 with teenage or younger kids. Most well behaved. There were 1000 people under age of 21 and 800 under 18 (direct quote from cruise director)

So depends on what you want out of it. If you want to be continually entertained, there are better options. Would I sail with them again - yes

Good ports of call

-mare is a dream island-if its sunny

isle of pines -ditto

enjoyed the shows

free entertainment at dining table-aaahhhhh

my negatives are no lunch in dining room most days

no chairs on the promenade deck-just back from pacific jewel

its got deck chairs on promenade deck-best spot for a book,watching the waves

nothing is intimate on legend-great if you like shopping in malls.

eating in food courts-pizza for breakfast-lunch-dinner...

think Nathan tinkler and friends:cool:

just go and cruise-its very reasonable pricing on Carnival

Sailed on the Legend in 2012 in the Caribbean and loved it. Been on the Spirit in 2014 with the family (older/ teenage kids) and again had a great time. Booked on the Legend Feb 2015 and looking forward to the cruise and seeing the changes to the ship. It's what you make of it and depends on what sort of holiday you want. I love relaxing and doing not much at all on my sea days but get out and explore when we reach the ports. Also cruised with NCL and P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed on Carnival Legend in October and have just returned from RCI Rhapsody of the Seas. I was critical of the Legend cruise but it was better than the Rhapsody. There was more variety of food in the buffet on Legend than on Rhapsody. Staff and service in MDR was better on Legend. In the Rhapsody MDR at dinner you had to find your own seat/table. To eat lobster on Rhapsody in the specialty restaurant you had to pay US$40 entry and another US$20 for lobster. I don't think they sold many lobsters or you could buy lobster in the MDR for US$34.

Drinks were dearer on Rhapsody, e.g. scotch AU$7.50 on Legend, US$9.00 on Rhapsody. They had some Wolf Blass wines @ US$28 on Rhapsody but the aussie wines list was withdrawn from the MDR after the first couple of days. Maybe they were hoping to sell more expensive wines instead. I think that backfired and they reintroduced the aussie wine list after a few nights. Rhapsody did allow you to take on two bottles of wine at embarkation.

Of the four cruises we've been on I like the Holland America Oosterdam best but I wouldn't recommend it for families as it doesn't have the kids attractions like water slides or climbing wall.