Tendering/cavetubing.bz

bolineclan

I was all set to book with cavetubing.bz but have read several reviews regarding difficulties in tendering in Belize and possibly not getting off the ship until well after noon. Does it really take that long? Any recommendations/suggestions that will speed up the process?

No...I have never seen it take that long...unless you want to wait until then. I can't imagine. We have never had a problem getting off and tendering.

.bz will tell you to get the first tender that you can off the ship, but they will be out there waiting for you. They usually have several vans waiting and if one gets full, they have another waiting for the later people that didn't make it over for the first.

Just make sure you go get your tender tickets as soon as they say they are going to start handing them out and they usually call several numbers at a time. The tenders usually hold quite a few people. :)

Last month on Vision they gave out tickets but there was no waiting for the shuttles. I easily got on the first one and at the port we waited for all the other people using cavetubing.bz. They don't leave without you.

Just back from the Norwegian Sun cruise and excursion independently booked with cavetubing.bz.

No problems with tender times. I think the cruise lines like to "scare" folks into thinking they have to book a ship's excursion in order to get "priority" tendering to the dock. Our ship docked at 8:00 am and we got tickets to the first tender, and boarded by 8:30 am.

We were met by a myriad of staff people wearing the CaveTubing.bz yellow shirts at the exit of Terminal One, as directed. We were quickly loaded into a 12-person van for the 45-minute ride to Caves Branch National Park. We opted for the longer tubing excursion with lunch included, and it was a wonderful day. Did not have to carry our own tubes, and the lunch and unlimited rum punch was delicious. Guides were safety conscious and knowledgeable. We were back in plenty of time to browse the shops and pharmacies before taking the 4:00 tender back to the ship.

Hint: wear good hard-soled water shoes for the hike to the cave. NO flip flops are allowed. They rent water shoes for $3.00. There are changing rooms at the park, and you can leave your belongings in the locked van with the driver. Do NOT wear scuba booties, as the path the to river is gravel. Husband learned this the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from the Norwegian Sun cruise and excursion independently booked with cavetubing.bz.

No problems with tender times. I think the cruise lines like to "scare" folks into thinking they have to book a ship's excursion in order to get "priority" tendering to the dock. Our ship docked at 8:00 am and we got tickets to the first tender, and boarded by 8:30 am.

We were met by a myriad of staff people wearing the CaveTubing.bz yellow shirts at the exit of Terminal One, as directed. We were quickly loaded into a 12-person van for the 45-minute ride to Caves Branch National Park. We opted for the longer tubing excursion with lunch included, and it was a wonderful day. Did not have to carry our own tubes, and the lunch and unlimited rum punch was delicious. Guides were safety conscious and knowledgeable. We were back in plenty of time to browse the shops and pharmacies before taking the 4:00 tender back to the ship.

Hint: wear good hard-soled water shoes for the hike to the cave. NO flip flops are allowed. They rent water shoes for $3.00. There are changing rooms at the park, and you can leave your belongings in the locked van with the driver. Do NOT wear scuba booties, as the path the to river is gravel. Husband learned this the hard way.

I will be at Belize for the first time on next weeks Pride sailing.

What are the " shops and pharmacies" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

There is a myriad of shops in the tender dock area (secured) that cater to the cruise ship passengers. The pharmacies there sell many items that require a prescription in the US. I bought some topical pain reliever cream for sunburn. You can buy just about anything (use your imagination...).