? Re: LaQuinta Inn near Hobby for precruise stay

dancingranni

We are staying at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites near the Hobby airport . We booked their cruise and stay package which includes shuttle to and from airport and hotel as well as shuttle to Galveston cruiseport and back to airport after the cruise. The total price for the 4 of us is $292.00.

This seems very reasonable to me. My question to all of you who might know...what are the drawbacks to this plan that I might not be aware of? My one thought is that it might not be close to any restaurants or store at which we could pick up some water and wine precruise...

I will greatly appreciate any input. Thank you....Donna

Donna, we just got back from cruising on the Emerald Princess out of Bayport. We flew into Houston Hobby airport a day early and spent the night at the SpringHill Suites. They have a free shuttle which will pick you up at the airport. They also provide free shuttle service to anyplace within 5 miles of the hotel. The AAA rate for our room which had 2 double beds and a sofa bed was under $110.

The only restaurant within walking distance of the hotel is a Taco Cabana, but the shuttle can take you to lots of other restaurants in the area (or even to Walmart if you need to pick up a bottle of wine or two.)

The next day (Sunday), we called Pasadena Taxi and they estimated a cost of $50 to take us to the cruiseport in Baytown. The exact fare, not including the tip, was just under $50 on Sunday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, when I posted my reply, I didn't realize that you were going to Galveston Cruise Terminal, not Bayport Cruise Terminal. So, my info wasn't that helpful.

However, I can tell you that the La Quinta is just a short distance from the SpringHill Suites where we stayed. There are NO nearby dining choices besides Taco Cabana and NO places to buy wine in that area. That's why we appreciated the shuttle service provided by SpringHill Suites. They took us to Walmart (so we could get our wine) and they also would have taken us to a restaurant.

You might want to ask the La Quinta if they provide a similar shuttle service. If not, you are really stuck in a pretty desolate area.

Sorry, when I posted my reply, I didn't realize that you were going to Galveston Cruise Terminal, not Bayport Cruise Terminal. So, my info wasn't that helpful.

However, I can tell you that the La Quinta is just a short distance from the SpringHill Suites where we stayed. There are NO nearby dining choices besides Taco Cabana and NO places to buy wine in that area. That's why we appreciated the shuttle service provided by SpringHill Suites. They took us to Walmart (so we could get our wine) and they also would have taken us to a restaurant.

You might want to ask the La Quinta if they provide a similar shuttle service. If not, you are really stuck in a pretty desolate area.

That's quite alright. Thank you for BOTH of your replies. I was just very surprised that I did not hear from 1 single person that has stayed there.:)

I have spoken to them and they have assured me they have a shuttle that will take us places as well as to and from the port. I researched the Pasadena Taxi, and from the results it sounded like you had very good luck with them, while many have not. Again, thank you very much for your reply.