Anyone taken the RCCL Chankanaab Dolphin excursion?

MinnesotaMommy

We are interested in taking the RCCL Dolphin excursion at Chankanaab - and I have a few questions for anyone that's taken it:

1. There's 4 of us - if 2 of us want to do the Push/Pull excurion, and the other 2 just want the regular dolphin encounter. If we book these - would we all be on the same transportation over to Chankanaab?

2. The tour indicates it's 3 hours 30 minutes, but it seems to also that return times might be flexible? We'd definitely also want to do some snorkeling at Chankanaab and don't want to feel rushed - so would we be able to stay longer?

3. Is it realistic to be able to do both the dolphin encounter AND have plenty of time for snorkeling?

I know I can also just do this on my own without going through RCCL, but hubby is more comfortable booking through RCCL.

We are interested in taking the RCCL Dolphin excursion at Chankanaab - and I have a few questions for anyone that's taken it:

1. There's 4 of us - if 2 of us want to do the Push/Pull excurion, and the other 2 just want the regular dolphin encounter. If we book these - would we all be on the same transportation over to Chankanaab?

2. The tour indicates it's 3 hours 30 minutes, but it seems to also that return times might be flexible? We'd definitely also want to do some snorkeling at Chankanaab and don't want to feel rushed - so would we be able to stay longer?

3. Is it realistic to be able to do both the dolphin encounter AND have plenty of time for snorkeling?

I know I can also just do this on my own without going through RCCL, but hubby is more comfortable booking through RCCL.

1. Yes they will keep your family together on the taxis.

2. After the dolphin encounter we grabbed some food and was served on the beach. (not to pricey and did not get sick), then we walked thru the mayan village replication which was done very well. After that we went to the beach and it was very hot and the water very rough. We swam, got very hot, swam, hot hot hot (yup its Mexico)

We were told there were 3 times you could go back to port 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30.

You just had to meet the tour guide up front and he would be putting you back on the taxi included in your excursion. If you wanted to leave later than this, then you would pay, because the tour guide left at 2:30.

3. Oh yea, more than enough time.

We have been there twice on two separate sailings and barely made it till 1:30pm.

Like I said we did this twice and booked thru RCI and enjoyed it both times.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss