Quantum of the Seas - Shows booking in advance

EDL

Hi all, I see on the cruise planner that shows and onboard activities can be booked in advance. Am I right in thinking that theatre tickets are being printed and collected on entrance to shows etc.. Is it open seating ? Are there some seats held for those who did not book via the app or online before cruise started ?

Anyone got photos of theatre / 270 tickets ?

Thanks, ed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No printed tickets...no reserved seats (other than for Gold card suites and D+). Book all online and once onboard they scan ur seapass when entering theater/270 confirming u had a rezzy for that particular show. We found on the 12/1 sailing even the standby lines of folks were able to get in 10 mins prior to showtime and find available seats. My only recommendation would be to go about 20-25 mins before show starts if u want choice seats

Excellent, so they are actually taking advanced bookings, did you see anyone being turned away due to the theatre or 270 being full?

The chances of being turned away depend on the show, the date, and number of guests on board. If you find yourself being turned away at the deck 5 entrance to 270, make the trek to the back entrance on deck 6 (very few folks know about it) - it'll be standing room only but you'll get in.:cool:

Excellent, so they are actually taking advanced bookings, did you see anyone being turned away due to the theatre or 270 being full?

Texcowboy is correct in that no tickets are involved however I must contradict the rest of what he says in general. How many people were on the Dec 1 sailing anywhere?

I would not take the chance on anything and make reservations for everything. We were on the Dec 20 sailing and not having a reservation for everything was bad. LONG lines for dining, LONG lines for shows. 2nd day reservations for Ifly Ripcord booked for cruise meaning people stood out in the cold to get them since office entered from deck. We never saw Starwater no reservations available online or onboard no non reservations availability. We only had one evening without a dining reservation. We wound up eating in buffet rather than wait the hour plus in any line.

So please make the online reservations. Yes you might have a sailing with less people but how would you know until you get there. So NOT standing in line or NOT having a problem appears to be the exception not the rule.

If you have a reservation you would be smart to go 30 minutes early. They scan your sea pass or punch in your cabin number only reserved can enter. Seats are still up for grabs. On our cruise often hundreds. yes hundreds non reservation people wait in line. 15 minutes before showtime opens to all and the fun begins. The line people enter and hunt for the 50 empty seats. We saw several near confrontations between line people and people " holding " seats for their people.

MAKE RESERVATIONS!!! BEFORE YOU SAIL!!!! Hate doing that but must to have a fighting chance.

George in NY

No printed tickets...no reserved seats (other than for Gold card suites and D+). Book all online and once onboard they scan ur seapass when entering theater/270 confirming u had a rezzy for that particular show. We found on the 12/1 sailing even the standby lines of folks were able to get in 10 mins prior to showtime and find available seats. My only recommendation would be to go about 20-25 mins before show starts if u want choice seats

Tx, how many people were on your sailing do you know? Seems that must have been far less than sailings after. That was the 11 day?

I know many that had no problems were also on 2 day sailings which I know where lower numbers and also many fam trips for TA's etc.

George in NY

Well excellent advice guys, thank you. My cruise is the maiden voyage on Anthem of the Seas leaving Southampton for 8 nights on 22nd April 2015. Can't wait.. I already have every nights dinning reservations booked but the onboard activities / shows etc are not available to book on the cruise planner yet.

I wonder when these options will be open to us for selection ?

Ed.

We are booked on the Anthem for June and no shows are available to reserve yet. My question is what time do these shows start? I am trying to make dinner reservations and don't want dinner to interfere with the show times.

We are booked on the Anthem for June and no shows are available to reserve yet. My question is what time do these shows start? I am trying to make dinner reservations and don't want dinner to interfere with the show times.

Reservations for shows are supposed to available 90 days prior to sailing.

Bob

Reservations for shows are supposed to available 90 days prior to sailing.

Bob

Well as of today, I'm still not able to make reservations for my shows and I'm sailing on the March 21st sailing which is 72 days away.

Well as of today, I'm still not able to make reservations for my shows and I'm sailing on the March 21st sailing which is 72 days away.

The key word is supposed, what is supposed to and what

Actually happens with their website are two different things.

Bob

Know what you mean, after many hours trying to book dining times we wanted, the thought of having to change them is not a pleasant thought. I must say that the royal website basically sucks.

bob

Tx, how many people were on your sailing do you know? Seems that must have been far less than sailings after. That was the 11 day?

I know many that had no problems were also on 2 day sailings which I know where lower numbers and also many fam trips for TA's etc.

George in NY

Why do you say you contradict my comments?? We're you on my sailing? There were 3,700 on 12/1 sailing and as I said "make reservations online"... Meaning BEFORE you board! We had NO trouble getting into either the theatre or 270 for our 7 selected shows on the 7 nights we had reservations and stood standby for two others and easily got in 10 mins prior to those two shows...I stand by my observations and recommendations George

Edited by txcowboy10

Btw.. The reserved section within each theatre I spoke of was for Gold Card (suites/pinnacles) and for Dia+. In theater it's the center section upstairs and in 270 it's upstairs far section on port side... Great views from both sections IMO. 10 mins prior to every show the remaining empty seats in this reserved section are opened up to anyone else so suggest if u get in standby to try checking for seats in these areas too. Btw I thought Starwater and Mamma Mia were both very good! If u can't book shows online prior to your trips call RCCL direct to prebook them

Edited by txcowboy10