Epic/Getaway, studio question?

wehomark

Debating whether to go on getaway 1/10 in a studio cabin, the single cabin for one person, about 50 of them, all interior, with their own private lounge. Designed for single travelers. Has anyone stayed in these (cabins, know they are small/interior not the issue). What is the general age group of people that book these cabins. Do people really mingle/get to know each other in this environment? Debating whether to go on Carnival as a single/solo traveler (been on many cruises just not solo), as can request a fixed dining time (unlike NCL), table for eight say and they typically put single/solo travelers at these tables and with the same group, waiter each night. Would appreciate any experiences/recommendations from people that have actually stayed in the studio cabins on these ships. Live in Miami, but have to make a decision soon on either NCL or Carnival next weekend.

Thanks

Hi all!

I've been on Epic 3 times & Getaway once in the studio cabins & will do Epic again. Be sure to go to the solo meeting especially the 1st night where you'll meet others you can dine with etc. The staff member who comes each night will arrange dinners, perhaps bowling or a visit to the ice Bar for the group. There is a nice coffee (expresso, latte etc) machine in the lounge, cookies, juice which you can access for free at all times plus vending machines & a wine dispensing machine on Getaway for a fee. You might meet somebody there to hang with.

I've also been on Carnival Breeze twice & Dream once solo. I liked both those ships & the idea of sitting with the same people each night at dinner at a large table but I was just on NCL Dawn & when I went to the MDR would just say "happy to share" then they'll seat you with others willing to share.

I actually did Breeze followed by Getaway & loved them both. Getaway is beautiful, new & has such a Miami vibe. The age group on Getaway ranged from late 20's I'd say, right up to 81 with most being 40 - 50 ish IMO.

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~:)