Wheelchair Beach/Bar Access

QuickieGlenn

Can you tell me if there are any beaches that I can get close enough to the beach or a bar next to the beach (in my wheelchair) so I can watch my wife as she enjoys the beach

I have visited the beach by town, looking for something new

Edited by QuickieGlenn

Can you tell me if there are any beaches that I can get close enough to the beach or a bar next to the beach (in my wheelchair) so I can watch my wife as she enjoys the beach

I have visited the beach by town, looking for something new

I know a wonderful restaurant in Grand Case that has beach chairs/umbrellas for customers. I think the owner would be fine with you sitting in the restaurant overlooking the beach while your wife enjoyed the beach and water, before or after you enjoyed lunch there. Let me know if you would like the name of the restaurant and I will post it.

I would love to know the name of the restaurant. we will be in St Maartin in March and looking for a wheelchair friendly restaurant in grand case.

The name of the restaurant is Le Soleil. They have a website and you can contact them. I don't recall a step at all but I do know that the bathroom is quite small. http://www.restaurant-le-soleil.com/

They are also reviewed on trip-advisor so you may find pictures that will give you an idea of what the restaurant looks like. It's a small family run business so contact Myriam and make sure that they will be open for lunch on your particular day.

One more thing. I always start with a tart whether its lunch or dinner.:) For lunch a tart and a salad between me and DH fills us up but leaves room for dessert. It looks like a very thin crusted pizza but tastes like a slice of heaven. :)

Edited by Karysa