Golden From Ny To San Juan?????

dontstopcruisin

I am thinking about booking the Goloden Princess from New York to San Juan on Oct. 22. I have heard mixed things about cruising out of NY. but I like the Idea of a 20 minute drive to the port and only having to fly home at the end of the cruise.

I have heard that the water is a lot rougher in the atlantic going towards the caribbean. how much worse is the water? is it all the way down to florida that the water is rough? or maybe just the carolinas??

Given a choice, I'd much rather depart from New York than have NYC as the disembarkation port. The biggest problem is traffic congestion when more than one ship is in port - those getting off the ship furthest down the line often have trouble getting cabs. As long as the port isn't busy the day you depart, I wouldn't think the facilities should give you any cause to worry. I can't comment on the sailing conditions. You get what you get. Personally, I like a little motion.

Hi,

I am booked on the Golden on Oct 22 to SJ...and can't wait!

We have taken the NCL Dawn out of NY 4 times, all in the winter months, and although they weren't the smoothest cruises I have ever been on, if you are not prone to motion sickness, then you won't have a problem. A little rocking makes it more interesting, IMHO. At best, the rocking will be minimal, at worst, it will only last approx a day.

Barb:D

:) I'm already booked on this cruise, and we have a great roll call going that you should check into. Great bunch of people that have been getting to know each other for months. We'll be happy to have you join us.

Rich & I sailed out of Bayonne last year on the same date, Oct. 22 and didn't find the waters bad at all, weather could have been better the first day at sea but then it's October and rain can happen any time of the year.

Nancy & Rich

Booked this cruise back in the April timeframe. Got some great prices for my group: $726pp BA, $592pp J and amazingly $660 for a single occupancy J cabin!! Although we all booked on a GTY, most have received cabin assignments in the category of the GTY, no upgrades yet .......

As for motion, if you haven't been on the Golden or the Grand before, they are pretty big ships. Little motion is ever felt. We took the Golden a few years ago in October to New England on a last minute cruise to fill some dates (4 nights, $169pp) for the Golden and even going north, little motion was felt. It'll be fine.

Archived