Jewel Runaway Bay - Waterpark

Tagong

Does anyone have any updates on the Waterpark? I booked this place through Resort for a Day back in August with the understanding the park would be complete in 2014. In a shocking turn of events its still not finished however the site says early 2015. The resort really left that open for interpretation SO, I thought I'd ask the amazing CC community. Any updates anyone can share?

Thanks

I thought I would post an update for those that are interested. I was on Jewel's facebook page today and noticed an update was provided on January 8. The update included photos and indicated that final touches on equipment was being made before leveling the ground, laying the protective coating and then the water will be added. Not surprisingly an 'open' date wasn't provided but this looks encouraging for anyone booked towards the end of the month.

If anyone has any more specific updates those would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On website: Our Water Park is open! A new way for families and kids of all ages to spend a whole day of fun! Jewel Lagoon Water Park is a day-long destination of swimming and adventure. With over 10 attractions for toddlers through teens - including a family raft ride - our new water park in Jamaica has everyone saying, "I never want to leave!"